> DAB+ USB, Digital radio for my PC
toast
post Jun 20 2009, 02:25 PM
Post #1

Participant

Group: Members
Member No.: 536

Hi guys,

Not strictly digital TV related, but digital not the less. DAB+ started broadcast in the capital cities in May apparently. They have a little info on http://www.digitalradioplus.com.au/ but certainly no PC related hardware.

I've been doing a bit of hunting via google for a USB DAB+ radio receiver. The only product that could possibly do it (says it's upgradable to DAB+) was the Albrecht (Alan Electronics) - DR 403

Maybe Renura will bring DAB+ to Australia just as he brought DVB-T smile.gif

Ideas?
toast
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
renura
post Jun 22 2009, 10:34 PM
Post #2

Enthusiast

Member No.: 38
Card: None

QUOTE (toast @ Jun 20 2009, 02:25 PM) *
Hi guys,

Not strictly digital TV related, but digital not the less. DAB+ started broadcast in the capital cities in May apparently. They have a little info on http://www.digitalradioplus.com.au/ but certainly no PC related hardware.

I've been doing a bit of hunting via google for a USB DAB+ radio receiver. The only product that could possibly do it (says it's upgradable to DAB+) was the Albrecht (Alan Electronics) - DR 403

Maybe Renura will bring DAB+ to Australia just as he brought DVB-T smile.gif

Ideas?
toast

We are testing a few devices now, but the demand for PC based DAB appear to be very small (not like DVB-T) so not many manufacturers are interested in it.

Nevertheless if we can manage to have a hybrid device that can support both DVB-T and DAB at a reasonable price, then there is a chance. smile.gif

--------------------
Renura Enterprises Pty Ltd - Owner of DigitalNow and MediaNow- Importers, Distributors and Retailers of Digital TV and other Digital Multimedia Solutions

+Quote Post
toast
post Jul 3 2009, 07:35 PM
Post #3

Participant

Member No.: 536

QUOTE (renura @ Jun 22 2009, 09:34 PM) *
We are testing a few devices now, but the demand for PC based DAB appear to be very small (not like DVB-T) so not many manufacturers are interested in it.

Nevertheless if we can manage to have a hybrid device that can support both DVB-T and DAB at a reasonable price, then there is a chance. smile.gif

I would love to test the devices too. Keep me informed! Very understandable that there is limited demand... Especially for DAB+ because it looks like Australia seems to be the only bloody broadcaster outside of Europe.

People look at me strange when I say I record TV on my computer. Let alone listen to the radio!

Anyway, I'm an office worker with a radio plugged into the PC so I can get triple J at work. Being able to record/playback etc etc would be so awesome. The stand alone devices in Oz don't look that bad. Just not in a computer smile.gif

+Quote Post
uanmi
post Oct 5 2012, 04:43 PM
Post #4

Be nice to me, I am new.

Group: New Members
Member No.: 15,181
Card: None

some fo the DVB-T cards will now also do DAB+
great solution one card does both

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd September 2019 - 08:40 AM