John G
post Jul 4 2009, 01:38 PM
Post #1

Participant

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,535
Card: DVICO FusionHDTV DVB-T Pro

Hi all,
I'm transitioning from my 4yo desktop system to a new one purchased a couple of weeks ago.
My 'old' system has a Fusion HDTV DVB-T installed and works fine (although, IIRC, it was a nightmare to set up).

My new system has a DVB-T Dual Digital 4 installed (black Rev 2 PCB). My problem is it won't pick up any channels of the required strength - either through signal checker or channel scan.

Here's the down and dirty of the new system:
Mobo: ASUS P5Q, 4 gig.(not overclocked).
HDD: Hitachi SATA 1TB.
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 2.33Mhz (not overclocked).
Video Card: Gigabyte ATI 4850 1 gig.

....and the Fusion stuff:
Card: DVB-T Dual Digital 4 (black Rev 2 PCB).
Fusion software: 3.67.00
Fusion Drivers: 2 x Fusion HDTV USB, AVStream Capture (DVBT Dual), V6.2.0.0 dated 16/12/2007. Stupid question here - where does the 'USB' come from when it's obviously a PCI card?

To 'rule out' any issues with the new computer I installed my AV Labs USB tuner (normally reserved for my laptop) and hey presto - it picked up 27 channels! I use an indoors amplified antenna which has served my 'old' computer well and has proven itself again with my AV Labs Tuner on the 'new' system. I'm at a quandary to figure out what's going on here and seek assistance. The DVICO site is incomprehensible to me!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mareke
post Jul 4 2009, 02:58 PM
Post #2

Participant

Group: New Members
Member No.: 4,823
Card: None

QUOTE (John G @ Jul 4 2009, 01:38 PM) *
Hi all,
I'm transitioning from my 4yo desktop system to a new one purchased a couple of weeks ago.
My 'old' system has a Fusion HDTV DVB-T installed and works fine (although, IIRC, it was a nightmare to set up).

My new system has a DVB-T Dual Digital 4 installed (black Rev 2 PCB). My problem is it won't pick up any channels of the required strength - either through signal checker or channel scan.

Here's the down and dirty of the new system:
Mobo: ASUS P5Q, 4 gig.(not overclocked).
HDD: Hitachi SATA 1TB.
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 2.33Mhz (not overclocked).
Video Card: Gigabyte ATI 4850 1 gig.

....and the Fusion stuff:
Card: DVB-T Dual Digital 4 (black Rev 2 PCB).
Fusion software: 3.67.00
Fusion Drivers: 2 x Fusion HDTV USB, AVStream Capture (DVBT Dual), V6.2.0.0 dated 16/12/2007. Stupid question here - where does the 'USB' come from when it's obviously a PCI card?

To 'rule out' any issues with the new computer I installed my AV Labs USB tuner (normally reserved for my laptop) and hey presto - it picked up 27 channels! I use an indoors amplified antenna which has served my 'old' computer well and has proven itself again with my AV Labs Tuner on the 'new' system. I'm at a quandary to figure out what's going on here and seek assistance. The DVICO site is incomprehensible to me!

When I first got my Revision 2 card I had the same problem as the Revision 1 card-on installing it the card failed to work and after powering the computer off and disconnecting the power and turning it on the card worked. The USB comes from the card working through internal USB connections on the card. Try uninstalling the software and installing the latest FusionHDTV 3.68.04. I use it with Windows XP service pack 3 and it works fine. If it fails to work after installing the software turn the computer off at the power point and then on. If it still fails to work try manually reinstalling the drivers in Device Manager. Also check Device manager for yellow marks after installing it and rebooting. You could also try it with and without your indoor amplifier. It should work if you persist.

+Quote Post
John G
post Jul 4 2009, 10:33 PM
Post #3

Participant

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,535
Card: DVICO FusionHDTV DVB-T Pro

QUOTE (mareke @ Jul 4 2009, 02:58 PM) *
When I first got my Revision 2 card I had the same problem as the Revision 1 card-on installing it the card failed to work and after powering the computer off and disconnecting the power and turning it on the card worked. The USB comes from the card working through internal USB connections on the card. Try uninstalling the software and installing the latest FusionHDTV 3.68.04. I use it with Windows XP service pack 3 and it works fine. If it fails to work after installing the software turn the computer off at the power point and then on. If it still fails to work try manually reinstalling the drivers in Device Manager. Also check Device manager for yellow marks after installing it and rebooting. You could also try it with and without your indoor amplifier. It should work if you persist.

Cheers mareke, worked first time like a charm. The latest software/drivers are 3.80.0.0 though. Available using this link............Fusion 3.80.0.0. They're the ones which I applied. Might even try installing them on my Windows 7 RC partition, being a masochist smile.gif

Thanks for your help.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th October 2019 - 01:07 PM