post Jan 17 2009, 03:39 PM
Post #241

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,165
Card: DNTV Quad

QUOTE (AaDiL @ Jan 16 2009, 09:54 AM) *
Still having problems with it,

wat happens is that some will keep updating and the other are update to but come back blank :S which is really weird?

Really odd. It's working perfectly here.

Maybe start from scratch and re-install Scheduler Pro and follow all bear's install instructions and see if works.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bear
post Jan 17 2009, 06:29 PM
Post #242

Forum Regular

Member No.: 808
Card: VisionPlus DVB-t

@AaDiL,
Still having problems with it
Sounds strange, all I can suggest is to zip the log directory along with the xml files and email to renura. Are you located in a metro area or regional? could be a particular broadcast stream causing havoc.

+Quote Post
therat
post Jan 25 2009, 01:03 PM
Post #243

Forum Regular

I'm sure this has been asked before but I can't seems to find it. Does DNTV Scheduler Pro 2.0.3 work on Windows 7?

I'm about to install Win 7 as a beta tester so am interested in what does and what doesn't work.

cheers

+Quote Post
bear
post Jan 25 2009, 01:16 PM
Post #244

Forum Regular

AFAIK it behaves the same as with Vista, I can't say that I have seen it working as I don't have Windows 7 installed but others on the forum suggest that it works fine.

Edit: The issues that the new MS TV Pack introduces was resolved some time ago so this is why I guess it's ok.

This post has been edited by bear: Jan 25 2009, 01:19 PM

+Quote Post
renura
post Jan 25 2009, 04:14 PM
Post #245

Enthusiast

Member No.: 38
Card: None

QUOTE (therat @ Jan 25 2009, 02:03 PM) *
I'm sure this has been asked before but I can't seems to find it. Does DNTV Scheduler Pro 2.0.3 work on Windows 7?

I'm about to install Win 7 as a beta tester so am interested in what does and what doesn't work.

cheers

I have used DNTV Scheduler 2.03 (and 2.04) under Windows7 beta 7000 without issues so far.

--------------------
Renura Enterprises Pty Ltd - Owner of DigitalNow and MediaNow- Importers, Distributors and Retailers of Digital TV and other Digital Multimedia Solutions

+Quote Post
k1w1
post Jan 25 2009, 04:31 PM
Post #246

Participant

Member No.: 232

I am having a few problems with DNTV Scheduler Pro and Sattelite TV EPG.

Before i explain i will just mention that Digital TV EPG works fine with no issues. I download the EPG from Ice TV.

O.K Problem 1.

"beta 48" dispalays the programme information from SelecTV without the actors names and "beta 50" displays no general program information but the actors names or minimal programme information.

This problem does not occur with the IceTV data.

Problem 2.

For over half of the SelecTV channels the programme start time does not match up with time down the left hand side in the EPG page.

E.G. Movie 1 might have a show that starts at 1600hrs, and that is shown in the EPG information for that show, however it will be lined up with 7PM on the scheduler time reference bar down the left hand side. The time difference can vary from 1 hour to as much as 5 hours.

The programme time information and guide is downloaded from the SelecTV channel streams every morning between 0100 & 0130 and is correct it just doesn't line up with the DNTV Pro Scheduler's time bar reference for many of the channels.

In the Source Settings i have the "File Source EPG" box checked and set to "data\xmlepg\" and the "Http Web Source" set to Ice TV.

Any Ideas to fix this would be appreciated.

k1w1

+Quote Post
bear
post Jan 25 2009, 05:35 PM
Post #247

Forum Regular

Hi K1w1,
O.K Problem 1.
I must admit I had not noticed, but have been busy updating the documentation for the final release. Have found out why and fixed it for the next release version. Thanks for pointing it out.

Problem 2
I can't see this on my epg but am aware there was a problem with the epg parser in pre beta50 versions. Can you give me a example program event for me to compare on my selecTV epg.

+Quote Post
therat
post Jan 25 2009, 05:51 PM
Post #248

Forum Regular

QUOTE (renura @ Jan 25 2009, 04:14 PM) *
I have used DNTV Scheduler 2.03 (and 2.04) under Windows7 beta 7000 without issues so far.

Thanks. That's good to know. Ver 2.04? is this the release version or a beta of the hauppauge support?

cheers

+Quote Post
k1w1
post Jan 25 2009, 10:41 PM
Post #249

Participant

QUOTE (bear @ Jan 25 2009, 05:35 PM) *
Hi K1w1,
I must admit I had not noticed, but have been busy updating the documentation for the final release. Have found out why and fixed it for the next release version. Thanks for pointing it out.

I can't see this on my epg but am aware there was a problem with the epg parser in pre beta50 versions. Can you give me a example program event for me to compare on my selecTV epg.

Here are some examples for tonight, Sunday 25 January 2009: -

Movie One has scheduled "Keeping up with the Steins" for 1600hrs and it shows that time on the EPG info box. However, that progam block is lineing up at 7.30pm on scheduler's time reference bar down the left of the screen.

VH1, CNN & Fashion TV are the only channels that line up correctly I.E. the program block scheduled for 1900hrs lines up with 7pm on scheduler time reference bar down the left hand side.

As I write this I have just noticed something stranger.

Nat Geo has "Megastructures" scheduled for 1500hrs and a duration of 60 minutes. However, the next scheduled program "Masters of Disaster" is scheduled to start at 1530hrs, half an hour earlier than the schduled finish of "Megastructures". Scheduler Pro has allocated an hour block based on the EPG info but the EPG info for the next program shows it starting at 1530hrs.

Most of the channels are displaying that behaviour. A program that is scheduled for an hour has the following show scheduled to start half an hour before it's end. That would certainly cause the mis-alignment i am seeing.

Now i'm really confused. The program duration information seems correct but the time schedules don't seem to match the duration information. Surely that incorrect information can't be on the channel data stream some body would have noticed by now.

k1w1

This post has been edited by k1w1: Jan 25 2009, 11:15 PM

+Quote Post
bear
post Jan 25 2009, 11:46 PM
Post #250

Forum Regular

hi k1w1,
Sunday 25 January 2009: -Movie One has scheduled "Keeping up with the Steins" for 1600hrs and it shows that time on the EPG info box.

A quick search on my system shows the program on different days. The programs are all correctly displayed.

Program Name Time Duration Action
Channel : Movie Two
KEEPING UP WITH THE STEINS Wed, 28 Jan at 09:30 PM 90 Details | EPG
KEEPING UP WITH THE STEINS Thu, 29 Jan at 06:00 PM 95 Details | EPG

Channel : Movie One
KEEPING UP WITH THE STEINS Wed, 28 Jan at 07:30 PM 90 Details | EPG
KEEPING UP WITH THE STEINS Thu, 29 Jan at 04:00 PM 95 Details | EPG

This suggests that a mix up in the EPG data has occured and that this could be because of an earlier bug that was identified recently. Suggest that you delete the "EPGSat.xml" file located in the "..\data\xmlepg\" scheduler directory, then delete the "Epg.sof" file located in the "..\data\" scheduler directory and then restart the service and update the epg with a capture on the satellite program.

Make sure you have the latest build installed, see here. Beware that you should always save the download to a different directory location each time else you get the previous version cashed by explorer as it has the same filename.

+Quote Post
k1w1
post Jan 26 2009, 05:06 PM
Post #251

Participant

QUOTE (bear @ Jan 25 2009, 11:46 PM) *
hi k1w1,

A quick search on my system shows the program on different days. The programs are all correctly displayed.

This suggests that a mix up in the EPG data has occured and that this could be because of an earlier bug that was identified recently. Suggest that you delete the "EPGSat.xml" file located in the "..\data\xmlepg\" scheduler directory, then delete the "Epg.sof" file located in the "..\data\" scheduler directory and then restart the service and update the epg with a capture on the satellite program.

Make sure you have the latest build installed, see here. Beware that you should always save the download to a different directory location each time else you get the previous version cashed by explorer as it has the same filename.

Thanks bear, all fixed now.

The times all line up as they should.

When are you going to release the final v2.03. I have the fixed beta50 running now as you suggested and am missing quite a bit of program information. I don't know whether I can go back to beta48 without causing the problems i have been having, again.

k1w1

This post has been edited by k1w1: Jan 26 2009, 05:07 PM

+Quote Post
bear
post Jan 26 2009, 07:15 PM
Post #252

Forum Regular

I don't know whether I can go back to beta48 without causing the problems i have been having, again.
Not Recommended.
When are you going to release the final v2.03.
I'll put the foot down. rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
renura
post Jan 26 2009, 08:13 PM
Post #253

Enthusiast

Member No.: 38
Card: None

http://forums.dvbowners.com/index.php?showtopic=10633

--------------------
Renura Enterprises Pty Ltd - Owner of DigitalNow and MediaNow- Importers, Distributors and Retailers of Digital TV and other Digital Multimedia Solutions

+Quote Post
Flakheart
post Nov 4 2013, 08:25 AM
Post #254

Participant

Group: New Members
Member No.: 12,387
Card: DNTV TinyTwin USB

I'm trying to add extra programs from the EPG but I keep getting the following error. I was able to add extra programs yesterday.

The following stack trace can be used by a developer to help diagnose this problem:

GET /servlet/ScheduleDataRes?action=12&channel=GO-&id=1383519600000 HTTP/1.1

java.lang.NullPointerException
at GuideStore.doMerge(GuideStore.java:2964)
at ScheduleDataRes.addSchedulesFromGuideItem(ScheduleDataRes.java:1876)
at ScheduleDataRes.addScheduleFromGuideItem(ScheduleDataRes.java:1784)
at ScheduleDataRes.getResponse(ScheduleDataRes.java:164)
at HTTPResponse.getResponse(HTTPResponse.java:42)
at HTTPRequest.sendResponseData(HTTPRequest.java:106)
at RequestObject.run(RequestObject.java:100)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

+Quote Post
therat
post Nov 4 2013, 03:11 PM
Post #255

Forum Regular

I guess the obvious question is did anything change since yesterday? Did your computer install any automatic updates of any sort?

+Quote Post
Flakheart
post Nov 4 2013, 05:10 PM
Post #256

Participant

>>I guess the obvious question is did anything change since yesterday?

I rebooted:)smile.gif

>>Did your computer install any automatic updates of any sort?

No. I disabled automatic updates a few weeks ago because I wasn't happy with 8.1 updating perfectly working drivers. Now I am carefull to oversee what gets added and what doesn't.

+Quote Post
Simon
post Nov 19 2013, 07:31 PM
Post #257

Be nice to me, I am new.

Member No.: 15,550

Yes - I am getting the same tracedump now too - probably for 2 weeks -- with 2.120

GET /servlet/ScheduleDataRes?action=12&channel=ABC2+-+ABC4&id=1384853460000 HTTP/1.1

java.lang.NullPointerException
at GuideStore.doMerge(GuideStore.java:2964)
at ScheduleDataRes.addSchedulesFromGuideItem(ScheduleDataRes.java:1876)
at ScheduleDataRes.addScheduleFromGuideItem(ScheduleDataRes.java:1784)
etc

I thought it may have been something to do with a java update but as yet have not been able to figure it out!

+Quote Post
Flakheart
post Dec 13 2014, 07:41 AM
Post #258

Participant

Don't know if anyone reads this spam ridden forum any more but here goes nothing..The latest Java update that my system says I had to have (roll eyes) has totally disabled DNTV Scheduler pro and the icon says that "DNTV Scheduler PRO Not running" and I cannot make it run for love nor money.

Does anyone know of a good tv scheduling application that doesn't require a huge java runtime to be loaded and running in the background that then won't be killed by java updates??

I'm at the end of my rope with how many java updates can kill this thing.

+Quote Post
DrP
post Dec 13 2014, 08:16 AM
Post #259

Forum Regular

Member No.: 57
Card: DNTV tinyUSB

Tried the standard WS rather than the DNTV offshoot? I don't use it much these days but I've not really had any problems and am currently running it under win 8.1 with java 8u25.

--------------------
Looking for an alternative to TV Scheduler Pro? Take a look at dvscheduler for Windows or tvheadend for linux.

+Quote Post
Calvi
post Dec 15 2014, 05:30 PM
Post #260

Forum Regular

Member No.: 1,988
Card: DVICO FusionHDTV

https://sourceforge.net/projects/tvschedulerpro/

I will also add some capability to use a local instance of Java in the near future.

TO DIY just....

1. Install Java Latest.
2. Install TVSP from above.
3. Stop TVSP Service.
4. Copy the java runtime to TVSP\jre
5. Edit the wrapper.conf file line from:
CODE
wrapper.java.command=java
to:
CODE
wrapper.java.command=jre\bin\java

6. Restart the service

Unistall Java (forever smile.gif )

This post has been edited by Calvi: Dec 15 2014, 05:31 PM

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st March 2019 - 10:23 AM