> DVScheduler - recognising WinTV Nova-S PCI card
ukexposed
post Mar 6 2011, 04:35 AM
Post #1

Be nice to me, I am new.

Group: New Members
Member No.: 11,699
Card: None

I am a long-time happy user of DV Scheduler, and have just bought a second hand WinTV Nova-S PCI card on eBay to connect to my satellite dish (previously I was using DV Scheduler to record from a DVB-T USB device).

Can anyone think of any reason why this device would not show up under "Available devices" in DV Scheduler? I presume I don't need to uninstall and reinstall DV Scheduler to make it show?

The device is installed and works just fine using the supplied software - I can tune, change channels, record etc all from the software it came with.

One odd thing about this device is how it appears to Windows - it is listed as "Hauppauge WinTV NOVA Adapter" but under the "Network adapters" section in Device Manager, whilst the DVB-T device (which works) is listed as "Pinnacle PCTV 71e" under "Sound, video and game controllers".

I did try adding it manually using the "Custom device" section, but the syntax for the fields needed is not clear?

I am using Windows XP.

Hope someone can help!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ukexposed
post Mar 6 2011, 05:41 PM
Post #2

Be nice to me, I am new.

Group: New Members
Member No.: 11,699
Card: None

QUOTE (ukexposed @ Mar 5 2011, 06:35 PM) *
Can anyone think of any reason why this device would not show up under "Available devices" in DV Scheduler?

Have actually answered this myself, but worth putting it here for other people to know.

The original WinTV Nova-S PCI does not come with BDA compatible drivers, so it does not appear to third-party applications.

However, the device is actually a re-badged TechnoTrend Budget PC Line DVB-S card, and those drivers do work just fine.

I downloaded them from http://server5.cmailhost.net/updrivers/pcp...ADriver_1_4.zip

Hope this helps someone else!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2019 - 07:23 PM