renura
post May 7 2008, 09:29 PM
Post #1

Enthusiast

Group: Members
Member No.: 38
Card: None

Hi Guys,

We are looking for volunteers to test a number of new features that we are implementing in DNTV Scheduler 2.03.

The main features that we would like to test at the moment are:

EPG Scanning - the new version can extract the EPG data directly from the DVB stream (for both satellite and Terrestrial broadcasts) where available.

Analogue TV and AV capture - New version support analogue TV tuning and capture from analogue inputs (eg S-Video and composite Video) as well as FM Radio recording.

If you are interested in testing and providing feedback in this the thread, email or PM me and I will send you the latest beta.

Cheers

Renura

--------------------
Renura Enterprises Pty Ltd - Owner of DigitalNow and MediaNow- Importers, Distributors and Retailers of Digital TV and other Digital Multimedia Solutions
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
renura
post May 9 2008, 10:48 AM
Post #2

Enthusiast

FYI below are the new features added to DNTV Scheduler Pro 2.03:

2.0.2 Previous features:

Terrestrial DVB-T device support:-
Ability to schedule multiple captures, up to 10 programs from the same mux frequency using one DVB-T tuner.
Full Mux, TS Mux, DVR-MS, MPG Mux file capture types.

Satellite DVB-S device support:-

Ability to schedule multiple captures (using one DVB-S tuner with CA Multi-CAM x8 support) allowing multiple
scrambled captures of programs from the same transponder frequency. Unscrambled programs limited
to a max of 10.

2.0.3 New Features:

Terrestrial DVB-C device support:-
Ability to schedule multiple captures (using one tuner with CA Multi-CAM x8 support) allowing multiple
scrambled captures of programs from the same transponder frequency. Unscrambled programs limited
to a max of 10.
Note- This feature remains Untested.

Terrestrial ATSC device support:-
Ability to schedule multiple captures up to 10 programs from the same mux frequency, using one ATSC tuner.
Note- This feature remains Untested.

Analog TV/FM device support:-
Ability to schedule multiple Analog TV/FM WDM tuner devices to capture as an MPEG2 Program stream.
This feature is limited to DVR-MS & MPG Mux capture types only.
Requires Cyberlink MPGMuxer, Video & Audio Encoders to be installed.

Analog Composite/SVideo device support:-
Ability to schedule multiple Analog WDM Cross-Bar devices to capture as an MPEG2 Program stream.
This feature is limited to DVR-MS & MPG Mux capture types only.
Requires Cyberlink MPGMuxer, Video & Audio Encoders to be installed.

Direct action Task Buttons from WEB Page:-
"View" & "share" Task button available on schedules. These initiate custom tasks for concurrent
operations.

Share Mode capture types:-
Three new capture types or mini Timeshift modes can be selected on most device types.
Full Share, TS Share, MpgMux Shared modes allow small timeshift files to be created.
These capture types can be associated with the new share task button option to allow
sharing of the device output.

These shared files can be directed to a different location than the normal capture
path such as a ramdisk for the purpose of sharing the file over a network with no reliance on the
capture HDD device. Continuous file playback is only supported by players that use the TSFileSource Filter
for TS & MPG playback.

Ramdisk link "http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/05/27/free-ramdisk-for-windows-vista-xp-2000-and-2003-server/"

Inline EPG parsing:-
Ability to collect EPG event information during DVB-T/S device capture operation.
Currently tested on the four major networks, SBS remains untested as they provide no EIT data.
SBS EPG can be sourced from XML Grabber data and can still be updated in the EPG.
Separate EPG xml files for Satellite & DVB-T.

A suggested way to use this feature is to schedule a capture on each DVB mux and or sat
transponder at a time outside the normal capture period, (eg. at midnight) to update each days
EPG information. Set the auto epg load option to a time the captures are completed so that the EPG
display is always up to date. The Capture type can be set to the ramdisk shared mux types
to minimise HDD usage. If a normal capture is scheduled then the epg capture will run as
a combined schedule as usual.

This post has been edited by renura: May 9 2008, 08:58 PM

--------------------
Renura Enterprises Pty Ltd - Owner of DigitalNow and MediaNow- Importers, Distributors and Retailers of Digital TV and other Digital Multimedia Solutions

+Quote Post
Guest_benoki_*
post May 9 2008, 11:18 AM
Post #3

Guests

QUOTE (renura @ May 9 2008, 10:18 AM) *
Terrestrial DVB-T device support:-
Ability to schedule multiple captures, up to 10 programs from the same mux frequency using one DVB-T tuner.

Get out!! ph34r.gif

Could the above work with a DNTV Hybrid?

+Quote Post
renura
post May 9 2008, 11:55 AM
Post #4

Enthusiast

QUOTE (benoki @ May 9 2008, 11:18 AM) *
Get out!! ph34r.gif

Could the above work with a DNTV Hybrid?

Yes of course, this is nothing new, this feature was in the previous version too.

This post has been edited by renura: May 9 2008, 11:57 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Reinmacher
post May 9 2008, 12:03 PM
Post #5

Participant

Group: New Members
Member No.: 4,441
Card: DNTV Live! DVB-T Pro

I have never really understood what this means. Does it mean you can record multiple programs, at the same time, from one tuner? blink.gif

+Quote Post
renura
post May 9 2008, 12:17 PM
Post #6

Enthusiast

QUOTE (Reinmacher @ May 9 2008, 12:03 PM) *
I have never really understood what this means. Does it mean you can record multiple programs, at the same time, from one tuner? blink.gif

Yes, as long as they are in the same frequency. eg ABC HDTV, ABC 1, ABC2, ABC Radio etc

--------------------

+Quote Post
therat
post May 9 2008, 06:40 PM
Post #7

Forum Regular

Member No.: 3,165
Card: DNTV Quad

Strange, I could never get that (multiple channels on the one tuner) working with WebScheduler (free version). I'm using v4.0.14. I've never bothered installing the DNTV version as it seems to be based on WebScheduler, which works fine for me.

+Quote Post
renura
post May 9 2008, 08:44 PM
Post #8

Enthusiast

QUOTE (therat @ May 9 2008, 06:40 PM) *
Strange, I could never get that (multiple channels on the one tuner) working with WebScheduler (free version). I'm using v4.0.14. I've never bothered installing the DNTV version as it seems to be based on WebScheduler, which works fine for me.

Well you might want to try it then, while based on WS it has a lot more features than the open source version and also support mpg recording. you can install it and run it as a separate application, if you don't like it just uninstall it.

To try the multiple recording using one tuner - select only one device (in the device selection page), then schedule say 3 recordings (eg SBS1, SBS2 and SBS radio) to start in say 5 minutes for a few minutes. and watch what happens smile.gif

This post has been edited by renura: May 9 2008, 08:45 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
therat
post May 9 2008, 09:20 PM
Post #9

Forum Regular

QUOTE (renura @ May 9 2008, 08:44 PM) *
To try the multiple recording using one tuner - select only one device (in the device selection page), then schedule say 3 recordings (eg SBS1, SBS2 and SBS radio) to start in say 5 minutes for a few minutes. and watch what happens smile.gif

Hmm that worked fine with the freeware WebScheduler but the other night when I selected 2 tuners and 3 channels it only recorded two.

+Quote Post
renura
post May 9 2008, 09:40 PM
Post #10

Enthusiast

QUOTE (therat @ May 9 2008, 09:20 PM) *
Hmm that worked fine with the freeware WebScheduler but the other night when I selected 2 tuners and 3 channels it only recorded two.

It is possible that you did not give it enough time to set up the recordings. It is important that you schedule the recordings sufficiently in the future as to enable you to enter all the intra-mux schedules well before the recording supposed to start. This is particularly important for satellite TV users, as you can schedule up to 10 channels in the same transponder, so you need to allow some time to enter all the schedules, before that application starts to record smile.gif

This post has been edited by renura: May 9 2008, 10:16 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
therat
post May 10 2008, 12:31 PM
Post #11

Forum Regular

Thanks renura, I'll remember that.

BTW what additional features does DNTV WebScheduler Pro have compared to the freeware v4 WebScheduler?

+Quote Post
renura
post May 10 2008, 03:49 PM
Post #12

Enthusiast

QUOTE (therat @ May 10 2008, 12:31 PM) *
Thanks renura, I'll remember that.

BTW what additional features does DNTV WebScheduler Pro have compared to the freeware v4 WebScheduler?
Satellite, analogue TV, Analogue input, FM radio, EPG from DVB tream..........I guess if you don't need them stay with whatever you got biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
therat
post May 10 2008, 05:33 PM
Post #13

Forum Regular

QUOTE (renura @ May 10 2008, 03:49 PM) *
Satellite, analogue TV, Analogue input, FM radio, EPG from DVB tream..........I guess if you don't need them stay with whatever you got biggrin.gif

Analogue TV might be handy as well as FM Radio. All the feed sites I know only have digital stations not analogue eg OzTivo. Where does it get both feeds from?

cheers

+Quote Post
renura
post May 11 2008, 10:33 PM
Post #14

Enthusiast

QUOTE (therat @ May 10 2008, 05:33 PM) *
Analogue TV might be handy as well as FM Radio. All the feed sites I know only have digital stations not analogue eg OzTivo. Where does it get both feeds from?

cheers
If you mean EPG information, yes that is only available for digital as far as I know.

--------------------

+Quote Post
stevodude
post May 13 2008, 07:18 PM
Post #15

Participant

Member No.: 3,742
Card: DNTV Live! DVB-T

"Terrestrial DVB-T device support:-
Full Mux, TS Mux, DVR-MS, MPG Mux file capture types."

That is JUST AWSOME!....

so we have ten/win/nine/abc/sbs now in theory we can record EVERYTHING with 5 tuner cards hehehe, just need 21GB an hour storage... or 504Gb per day, or do a week 3.5Tb a week hehehe at $240 for 1tb drive to store... Woah I'm getting ahead of myself here, there's %95 cr@p on the tele anyway hahaha only need a few programs a week, but worth a thought.

I must say I just love DNTV products (HW and the SW), and these forums for keeping the dream of real digital epg playback alive in Aussieland!.
I haven't touched my recording server Keyboard or VNC'd in for 6 months, and my fav recordings are there EVERY week.

+Quote Post
Guest_pogo_*
post May 14 2008, 12:15 PM
Post #16

Guests

QUOTE (stevodude @ May 13 2008, 07:18 PM) *
"Terrestrial DVB-T device support:-
Full Mux, TS Mux, DVR-MS, MPG Mux file capture types."

That is JUST AWSOME!....

so we have ten/win/nine/abc/sbs now in theory we can record EVERYTHING with 5 tuner cards hehehe, just need 21GB an hour storage... or 504Gb per day, or do a week 3.5Tb a week hehehe at $240 for 1tb drive to store... Woah I'm getting ahead of myself here, there's %95 cr@p on the tele anyway hahaha only need a few programs a week, but worth a thought.

I must say I just love DNTV products (HW and the SW), and these forums for keeping the dream of real digital epg playback alive in Aussieland!.
I haven't touched my recording server Keyboard or VNC'd in for 6 months, and my fav recordings are there EVERY week.

The Hardware is excellent. The software (compared to what's available for a comparative price) is not.

+Quote Post
renura
post May 14 2008, 01:32 PM
Post #17

Enthusiast

QUOTE (pogo @ May 14 2008, 12:15 PM) *
The Hardware is excellent. The software (compared to what's available for a comparative price) is not.

Of course it is all a matter of opinion..... biggrin.gif I would say there is no better software for the price.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_pogo_*
post May 14 2008, 04:00 PM
Post #18

Guests

QUOTE (renura @ May 14 2008, 01:32 PM) *
Of course it is all a matter of opinion..... biggrin.gif I would say there is no better software for the price.

Hmm, probably true. Though for an extra $1 Aus dollar, there's the all singing and dancing DVBviewer (which you really should resell)

+Quote Post
renura
post May 14 2008, 07:03 PM
Post #19

Enthusiast

QUOTE (pogo @ May 14 2008, 04:00 PM) *
Hmm, probably true. Though for an extra $1 Aus dollar, there's the all singing and dancing DVBviewer (which you really should resell)
hmm, DVBviewer is bundled with the TechiniSat cards we sell and while it certainly is an excellent viewer, it doesn't have a lot of features that DNTV Scheduler Pro 2.03 has (which is what this thread is all about) smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Smegger
post May 14 2008, 08:02 PM
Post #20

Forum Regular

Member No.: 848
Card: DNTV Live! Low Profile

Hey I'm down, PM sent.
Always happy to put my 11 cents in.

+Quote Post

14 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th September 2019 - 02:53 PM