Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 169
Card: DNTV Quad

Latest Version can be found here

For those who really want to try it here you go
DigitalWatchBDA0720.zip (86kb)

This zip file only contains a new DigitalWatch.exe file
To install just replace the DigitalWatch.exe from 0.701 and set DVBInput=5 in settings.ini
That should be it.

Not implemented yet:
- Recording
- Now and Next
- Timeshifting

This exe should still work with the twinhan drivers in DVBInput 1, 2, and 4 modes, but i havn't tested it.

This isn't an official release. I'm just making it available for testing.
I'm not putting this version or it's source code on the DW website. If you want the source then email me and i'll send it to you.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_Champion_R_*
post May 12 2004, 11:06 PM
Post #2

Guests

All channels display correctly. Recording isn't available which is a shame sad.gif Once recording works, we can kiss the Twinhan drivers goodbye biggrin.gif

Also seeing as the MS Demultiplexer is used, I can't upconvert audio to 5.1 using the Intervideo Audio decoder.

+Quote Post
Guest_Spoonfed_*
post May 12 2004, 11:18 PM
Post #3

Guests

Nate,

Seems to work well, i assume its "timeshifting" at its current state?

It seems more reliable (only tested for tiny bit) than the SDK version, but his may be the MS Demuxer also. I don't get any frozen/blank windows on channel select as with SDK version AND i don't see to get droped AC3 pass as with the SDK version.

Of interest i had it on 9 for 5min and video froze on a frame and audio stopped. DW didn't crash, could go to another channel, but it sounds like the issue that is perhaps causing WS to stop "feeding" the stream to the file?

Hopefully Divcos BDA drivers (this month) are true to standard your WS and DW should also work with it.

bed now, more testing later.

Good work. Getting close to no twin hams now.

+Quote Post
Guest_Champion_R_*
post May 12 2004, 11:32 PM
Post #4

Guests

Think I've discovered an issue. After a few mins, the image and sound stops. Sometimes I can change channels but others, it locks a new channel but quality remains on 0 unless I disable and reenable the driver.

It doesn't sound like the no data issue Spoonfed is having because I recorded a full length movie in Webscheduler and a few other programs without flaw.

+Quote Post
kenneth
post May 12 2004, 11:40 PM
Post #5

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 144
Card: VisionPlus DVB-t / DVICO FusionHDTV

I have noticed this aswell. I found that I could change channel and change back.

--------------------
From Kenneth
AMD Athlon 2600+, 1.25GB RAM, ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe Wireless Edition, Geforce 4 MX440SE (connected to Viewsonic E71f), DNTV Live! DVB-T, DNTV Live! DVB-T Pro, DVICO FusionHDTV , FusionHDTV USB owner, and I also have a VisionPlus DVB-S card

+Quote Post
Guest_Elroy_*
post May 13 2004, 01:34 AM
Post #6

Guests

Just wanted to confirm that I am also getting a/v lockups after about 5 minutes. The only way I could fix this was by changing to another network. Even if I closed down DW, when I reopened it I would get no a/v until I changed the network.

EDIT: DVBInput = 2 works fine with this exe. I just wanted to confirm it as well, as no one else had reported it.

+Quote Post
nate
post May 13 2004, 07:45 AM
Post #7

DigitalWatch Developer
Group Icon

Just wanted to confirm that I am also getting a/v lockups after about 5 minutes. The only way I could fix this was by changing to another network. Even if I closed down DW, when I reopened it I would get no a/v until I changed the network.

I found what's causing the a/v lockups after 5 minutes.
http://robdvd.radfiles.net/viewtopic.php?p=11682#11682

--------------------

+Quote Post
gshcarter
post May 13 2004, 07:54 AM
Post #8

Forum Regular

Member No.: 316
Card: DNTV TinyTwin USB

I wonder if this is the same thing as what I used to see in ProgDVB. After a few minutes (a few seconds on ABC :roll: ) it would go to black with no sound, but a network change would seem to reset it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
daniel
post May 13 2004, 11:02 AM
Post #9

Forum Regular

Member No.: 180
Card: VisionPlus DVB-t

ive got a nasty problem with the sonic filters and ch9 HD. if i change to that channel my computer instantly reboots. i tried it 3 or 4 times and it happened everytime. no other program(of any kind) has done that on my computer so not sure if its DW, BDA drivers or something else. the SD channels were fine with sonic as was 10HD. my computers grunty (p4 3ghz, 1gb ram, winXP pro) although currently only has a geforce 3 in it. I will test it out on my htpc with radeon and see what happens.

+Quote Post
kenneth
post May 13 2004, 11:10 AM
Post #10

Forum Regular

Nate, I have also found another issue.

If there is a sudden change in the reception, the video slows down or stops. I then have to change the channel and go back to the channel I was on.

Also, if there is a slight electrical pulse (eg. Unplugging a computer from a powerboard) the A/V freezes needing the channel changed again.

--------------------
From Kenneth
AMD Athlon 2600+, 1.25GB RAM, ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe Wireless Edition, Geforce 4 MX440SE (connected to Viewsonic E71f), DNTV Live! DVB-T, DNTV Live! DVB-T Pro, DVICO FusionHDTV , FusionHDTV USB owner, and I also have a VisionPlus DVB-S card

+Quote Post
nate
post May 13 2004, 11:22 AM
Post #11

DigitalWatch Developer
Group Icon

ive got a nasty problem with the sonic filters and ch9 HD. if i change to that channel my computer instantly reboots. i tried it 3 or 4 times and it happened everytime. no other program(of any kind) has done that on my computer so not sure if its DW, BDA drivers or something else. the SD channels were fine with sonic as was 10HD. my computers grunty (p4 3ghz, 1gb ram, winXP pro) although currently only has a geforce 3 in it. I will test it out on my htpc with radeon and see what happens.
Sorry, i've got no idea why that would be happening. Does it also happen if you try watch ch9 HD with the intervideo or cyberlink decoders?

If there is a sudden change in the reception, the video slows down or stops. I then have to change the channel and go back to the channel I was on.

Also, if there is a slight electrical pulse (eg. Unplugging a computer from a powerboard) the A/V freezes needing the channel changed again.

When this happens can you please press Q and see what the signal strength and quality do?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_Champion_R_*
post May 13 2004, 12:38 PM
Post #12

Guests

Well, I just ripped out the antenna cable when it was decoding, bringing a total stop to decoding and when I plugged it back in, decoding resumed as per normal.

+Quote Post
kenneth
post May 13 2004, 08:44 PM
Post #13

Forum Regular

Okay, I think my problem with reception is antenna related (damn I wish I had time to put in my new splitter system for my room).

--------------------
From Kenneth

+Quote Post
Guest_Spoonfed_*
post May 13 2004, 09:14 PM
Post #14

Guests

The "freeze" issue, ie where audio stops and video is freeze frame has occured on various channels for me. Need to change network to get back to viewing. This is with the latest Spectrum drivers.

Its is not consisting in time, ie sometimes it may go for 10min, other times a few mins

+Quote Post
BigH
post May 14 2004, 11:24 AM
Post #15

Forum Regular

Member No.: 51

I'm getting similar results to Spoonfed too.

Quality 98 Strength 82 Before Freeze
Quality 0 Strength 81 After Freeze

+Quote Post
stevedee3
post May 14 2004, 12:04 PM
Post #16

Participant

Member No.: 713

G'day Nate and Spectrum,

First of all a big thank you for for writing this software!

With the BDA DigitalWatch trial and Spectrum's 1.4.4.0 drivers on Win2KSP4, I am getting similar results to Spoonfed and BigH. All SD and HD channels work OK (even Nine EPG channel), but audio and video stop after a while. Changing channels fixes the problem.

The radio channels (eg. ABC's Dig) don't seem to have this problem - I had this channel running for several hours, with only the occasional glitch in the sound.

Signal strength and quality around 98 and 80 - sorry I can't remember which is which.

I've had no problems with any resets or other anti-social behaviour... smile.gif

+Quote Post
daniel
post May 14 2004, 01:17 PM
Post #17

Forum Regular

Member No.: 180

The rebooting problem i mentioned earlier isn't specific to Sonic as i first thought. Its seems to be related to the videodecoder.ini entry and render source pins. The default entry for the sonic decoder just loads the filter and then calls the renderSourcePin. i can reproduce the rebooting error with the cyberlink decoder with a similar entry.
CODE
[Cyberlink DTV Video Decoder]

LoadFilter ({DD1C057A-FE99-477C-835F-3A89EF577C6F}, "Cyberlink DTV Video Decoder")

RenderSourcePin()
if i start dw on 9HD the computer reboots. all other channels seem fine with this decoder entry.

If i use all the connect pins stuff with the sonic decoders 9HD starts up, i get audio but no picture(the graph looks like its all connected up) and after a short time i get the message "Could not get Overlay Key". What does this mean?

The computer this is happening on gets used for testing a lot of stuff before i put in on my htpc so all the loading and unistalling of programs, filters, drivers etc may be to blame. A complete reinstall might fix it for me so i dont want to waste anyones time but i would still be interested to see if anyone else can reproduce the error. If anyones game (save your work first) add the above entry to videodecoders.ini and in settings set it to the default decoder and get digitalwatch to start on 9HD.

+Quote Post
nate
post May 14 2004, 02:01 PM
Post #18

DigitalWatch Developer
Group Icon

The radio channels (eg. ABC's Dig) don't seem to have this problem - I had this channel running for several hours, with only the occasional glitch in the sound.
That's interesting. I'll have to look into that.

The rebooting problem i mentioned earlier isn't specific to Sonic as i first thought. Its seems to be related to the videodecoder.ini entry and render source pins.

RenderSourcePins relies on directshow to decide what filters need to be added, so it's probably one of the filters it's trying to use that is causing the reboot. There's no easy way to figure out which filter is causing the problem.

If i use all the connect pins stuff with the sonic decoders 9HD starts up, i get audio but no picture(the graph looks like its all connected up) and after a short time i get the message "Could not get Overlay Key". What does this mean?

For the OSD to draw with a transparent background it gets the colour that the overlay mixer uses to mask it's video. This is called the overlay key. If there's no video playing then it's likely that the overlay mixer hasn't generated a key yet.

--------------------

+Quote Post
nate
post May 16 2004, 11:19 PM
Post #19

DigitalWatch Developer
Group Icon

Another one to try.DigitalWatchBDA0721.zip (91kb)

As before this zip file only contains a new DigitalWatch.exe file
To install just replace the DigitalWatch.exe from 0.701 and set DVBInput=5 in settings.ini

Not implemented yet:
- Now and Next
- Timeshifting

Changes
```````
[LIST]I've disabled the signal strength and quality polling. This is only temporary until spectrum resolves any driver issues in this area.

[*]I've implemented recording for BDA. It relies on the Cyblerlink MPEG Muxer (mpgmux.ax) so you have to have it registered for it to work.
See this thread if you don't have it.

[*]I've added the ability to pause the recording.
if you add
CODE
 Key('R',1,0,0) = RecordingPause(2)
to your keys.ini then Shift-R will toggle pause on and off
and if you add
CODE
Event(RecordingPaused)

DrawText("$(RecordingPaused)",   2, 90, -1,  1, -1, -1, 4, 0x00606060, Arial)

Event(RecordingUnpaused)

DrawText("$(RecordingUnpaused)", 2, 90, -1,  1, -1, -1, 4, 0x00606060, Arial)
to OSD.ini then it will show when it is paused.

[*]Added LoadAudioRenderer function for AudioDecoders.ini
instead of using
CODE
LoadFilter({79376820-07D0-11CF-A24D-0020AFD79767}, "Default DirectSound Device")
you can use
CODE
LoadAudioRenderer("DirectSound: Realtek AC97 Audio")
to load a specific card. You just need to specify the correct name for your card. This will only really be useful for people with more than one sound card.
[LIST]

This isn't an official release. I'm just making it available for testing.
I'm not putting this version or it's source code on the DW website. If you want the source then email me and i'll send it to you.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_Champion_R_*
post May 16 2004, 11:31 PM
Post #20

Guests

It relies on the Cyblerlink MPEG Muxer (mpgmux.ax) so you have to have it registered for it to work.

Can you please make future versions not depend on this filter. It's absolutely useless to me unless I record 7 SD. ABC, Nine and Ten here broadcast AC3 audio on SD and Nine Perth upscale all SD programs to 1080i with AC3 audio and it looks better than the standard Nine SD.

I would prefer a version which records non compliant TS like Webscheduler can. The Cyberlink MPEG muxer imposes the same limits as the Twinhan SDK plus more.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th June 2019 - 11:14 PM