psycik
post Aug 12 2012, 09:23 AM
Post #1

Be nice to me, I am new.

Group: New Members
Member No.: 15,119
Card: None

Hi

Been using HIP pretty successfully for about 12 years. Find it works pretty well on my NextPVR (GBPVR) setup with a Logitech Harmoney 525 (pretending its an MCE remote) via USB Uirt.

Recently a new version of NextPVR added PIP functionality This is accessed from the * key of the remote.

For the life of me I can't get this key to work. It scans under HIP to a remote code, I've assigned the code to the * key in the keymap, and under the NextPVR executable assigned teh key/remote code as *.

But I can't make it use the key.

Any logging or hints I should be aware of?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
btmi
post Aug 12 2012, 10:16 AM
Post #2

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 185
Card: DNTV Live! DVB-T

12 Years is pretty awesome. I would love to find the time to bring Hip into the 21st century but unfortunately the necessities of life have intervened.

There are a number of reasons why it may not be but you need to narrow it down it a little:

1) The IR: Download the CheckScanCode app from here http://www.byremote.com.au/downloads/download.asp?SID=18 and see what scan codes the command is being interpreted as and that it returns the SAME code for each press. Let me know what the code is...if it is special key like a Media Key or Ctrl, Alt or Shift key you will have to use the Low Level Keys input on the Application Properties screen itself.
2) The Command: Before you assign the key to anything useful, point it to something that you KNOW works (even check it with a different key). Sometimes when you think the IR is not working it is the action that is nto working.

Peter

--------------------

+Quote Post
psycik
post Aug 12 2012, 05:33 PM
Post #3

Be nice to me, I am new.

Group: New Members
Member No.: 15,119
Card: None

QUOTE (btmi @ Aug 12 2012, 12:16 PM) *
12 Years is pretty awesome. I would love to find the time to bring Hip into the 21st century but unfortunately the necessities of life have intervened.

There are a number of reasons why it may not be but you need to narrow it down it a little:

1) The IR: Download the CheckScanCode app from here http://www.byremote.com.au/downloads/download.asp?SID=18 and see what scan codes the command is being interpreted as and that it returns the SAME code for each press. Let me know what the code is...if it is special key like a Media Key or Ctrl, Alt or Shift key you will have to use the Low Level Keys input on the Application Properties screen itself.
2) The Command: Before you assign the key to anything useful, point it to something that you KNOW works (even check it with a different key). Sometimes when you think the IR is not working it is the action that is nto working.

Peter

Cheers for that. Setting the * button to soemthing else tested the key fine and showed me it was the * key not being generated...and in HIP typing Shift-8 equalled !8 - so it's going now.

Funny the # key (shift-3) works with the # in HIP and doesnt need !3

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st July 2017 - 08:42 PM