IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How do I get a smooth and not jerky picture, Get jerky stobe effect during fast pans
Guest_blackswan_*
post May 20 2005, 04:57 PM
Post #1

Guests

Does anyone get a smooth picture during fast pans with 1080i, on a 100" screen?

I'm using a projector via DVI cable. Tried both ATI 9950 and GeForce 6600GT video cards, with the same problem. Have a Fusion HD lite tuner card, AMD 3000+ CPU (running at around 20%) and signal strenght is around 92%.

Tried Powerstrip and Reclock with DNTV decoders.

Any suggestions? Should I change the Fusion card? What's the best decoder to use for video?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hally
post May 20 2005, 07:26 PM
Post #2

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 176
Card: None

QUOTE (blackswan @ May 20 2005, 04:57 PM)

I'm using a projector via DVI cable.  Tried both ATI 9950 and GeForce 6600GT video cards, with the same problem.  Have a Fusion HD lite tuner card, AMD 3000+ CPU (running at around 20%) and signal strenght is around 92%.

Any suggestions?  Should I change the Fusion card?  What's the best decoder to use for video?

I find the Intervideo decoders the best for fast-panning viewing (like sport). These use DXVA which reduces CPU load. It is more likely to be the decoder and video card than the Fusion. It can also pay to match the screen refresh rate with the TV refresh rate (eg PAL), which I think means 50, 75 or 100. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong ;-) ) but that's up to your projector to be able to support it.

Shane

+Quote Post
Guest_blackswan_*
post May 23 2005, 04:00 PM
Post #3

Guests

QUOTE (Hally @ May 20 2005, 05:26 PM)
QUOTE (blackswan @ May 20 2005, 04:57 PM)

I'm using a projector via DVI cable.  Tried both ATI 9950 and GeForce 6600GT video cards, with the same problem.  Have a Fusion HD lite tuner card, AMD 3000+ CPU (running at around 20%) and signal strenght is around 92%.

Any suggestions?  Should I change the Fusion card?  What's the best decoder to use for video?

I find the Intervideo decoders the best for fast-panning viewing (like sport). These use DXVA which reduces CPU load. It is more likely to be the decoder and video card than the Fusion. It can also pay to match the screen refresh rate with the TV refresh rate (eg PAL), which I think means 50, 75 or 100. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong ;-) ) but that's up to your projector to be able to support it.

Shane

Thanks Shane

I've got Powerstrip locked in at 50Hz and the projector is seeing 50.00 Hz, so that's OK, but ReClock won't kick-in when running fusion. It might not be the fusion card hardware, but the whole "fusion hardware and decoders" leaves a lot to be desired. Don't think it's the video card, because I've tried ATI and nvidia with the same jerky pans. Reclock, does make it better, but not much good if it won't work with Fusion decoders. Reclock also does not work with InterVideo.

Blackswan

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th July 2019 - 08:19 PM