Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Using JTVLAN on Mac OS X 10.4
Guest_TVman_*
post Sep 21 2007, 01:47 AM
Post #1

Guests

Hi,
I am new to the Mac world, and this is probably an easy question.
In short: HOW do I install a JTVLAN client (http://www.jtvlan.org/) on a Mac running OS X 10.4?

I am also using JTVLAN client on a PC and there it's obviously the exe files that I run. First jtvlansetup.exe to set up ip addresses etc, and finally jtvlanclient.exe to actually view what WebScheduler can offer.

The exe files are for a Windows environement, but HOW to I
1) set up on the Mac?
2) Run on the Mac?

My guess/approach was to run jtvlansetup.sh in a terminal window but that caused the following error:
"Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jtvlan/client/JTVLANClientSetup"

Any ideas?
/TVman
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_mister_redman_*
post Oct 16 2007, 02:52 AM
Post #2

Guests

Hi!
I am not an expert but having a mac and a pc I also tried to run JTVLAN on both of them.

Finally I have been able to setup the client on the Mac, by copying the content of the file jtvlansetup.sh and pasting it into the terminal. That's probably what you were suggesting. I also got your identical error if I tried to run that command without changing to the "jtvlanclient" directory first.
So I was able to enter the required informations in the window (IP address), but then I found a problem. When i browse to the Applications folder, to select the VLC application, I couldn't select it, because it appeared as a directory and not as a file. Editing the jtvlanclient.properties file to point to /Applications/VLC.app also had no effect. I tried selecting one of the file included in the VLC "package" but without success.

Now, how do I point JTVLAN to VLC under Mac OS X?

Edit: well it seems I was able to run it! As stated above I pointed to the file "/Applications/VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/VLC". I also found out that I had to check the box "Show VLC full interface", to stop VLC quitting unexpected.

+Quote Post
Guest_TVman_*
post Nov 29 2007, 01:09 AM
Post #3

Guests

QUOTE (mister_redman @ Oct 15 2007, 06:52 PM) *
Hi!
I am not an expert but having a mac and a pc I also tried to run JTVLAN on both of them.

Finally I have been able to setup the client on the Mac, by copying the content of the file jtvlansetup.sh and pasting it into the terminal. That's probably what you were suggesting. I also got your identical error if I tried to run that command without changing to the "jtvlanclient" directory first.
So I was able to enter the required informations in the window (IP address), but then I found a problem. When i browse to the Applications folder, to select the VLC application, I couldn't select it, because it appeared as a directory and not as a file. Editing the jtvlanclient.properties file to point to /Applications/VLC.app also had no effect. I tried selecting one of the file included in the VLC "package" but without success.

Now, how do I point JTVLAN to VLC under Mac OS X?
Edit: well it seems I was able to run it! As stated above I pointed to the file "/Applications/VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/VLC". I also found out that I had to check the box "Show VLC full interface", to stop VLC quitting unexpected.

Great! Sad to say however, I cannot run JTVLan at all now. Neither on Mac nor PC. The reason is that I bought WebScheduler Pro 5, and JTVLan is not compatible with series 5 and above. Sigh! If you read the Oct 30 message on "http://www.jtvlan.org/" you will find this: "...Since changes seems quite deep and since WS is now closed source, I do not think I will be able to release a new version of JTVLAN that will work with current and future WS versions. Sorry. "

Hence we are out in the cold. If ANYONE out there has an idea for a replacement for JTVLan please let me (and others) know.
/TVMan

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st November 2018 - 04:34 AM