IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ac3 Audio Dropouts And Stuttering
Guest_disaster84_*
post Mar 6 2006, 08:03 PM
Post #1

Guests

I have been experiencing audio dropouts only on AC3 channels, so as you can guess channel 7 SD is fine.
However on all other channels I get audio dropouts every few seconds after about 30minutes of watching a single channel. changin back to a channel seems to fix the problem for about 30mins

I had the entire systme running for a while now but it was infuriating me so much that i wipped everything and started from scratch, but am still having the same problems.

This is my setup

Athlon 64 3000
Gigabyte K8NS Pro
1.5gb ram
Gigabyte Nividia 6600TD
2 DNTV Live! cards
1 LP card

Nvidia purevideo decoders
Audio only SPDIF mode

SPDIF connection to amp

VGA connection to TV running at 1280x720x60Hz

I have tried all the different video and audio codecs that DNTV Live has on offer (over the years I have purchased them all) but I either get supper choppy video on HD or the audiu drops out.

I have also read about reclock and tried that but it results in lipsyncing issues and then causes some serious stuttering over time.

What am I doing wrong

I have nothing else running on this machine except the decoders the drivers tt2.2 windows xpsp2 and DNTVLIVE!

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

NOTE: before the rebuild I contuinally recieved fatal errors from Dntv Live that would cause either the machine to freeze or dntv live to exit. This no longer seems to happen
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DavoNogo
post Mar 8 2006, 06:50 PM
Post #2

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,804
Card: DNTV Live! DVB-T

What soundcard are you using? That happens on my Audigy but not on my Dolby Digital Live soundcard.. both running via S/PDIF.

+Quote Post
Guest_disaster84_*
post Mar 9 2006, 06:47 AM
Post #3

Guests

I am using the on board sound of the motherboard, as this has SPDIF in and out.

+Quote Post
Guest_disaster84_*
post Mar 20 2006, 10:01 AM
Post #4

Guests

Has anyone had any luck with this problem, I know I am not the only one running a 720p resolution and watching HD...and inturn listening to it via SPDIF. As it is definately only realted to this senario. Hence the commonwealth games a popping all over the place after 30mins but channel 7 is fine (most of the time)...now that lots of channels an SD are using DD i get this problem as well

It is pretty frustrating...is there anyway to fix this...hardware and software included...besides a new tv?

+Quote Post
renura
post Mar 20 2006, 10:40 AM
Post #5

Enthusiast

Member No.: 38
Card: None

QUOTE (disaster84 @ Mar 20 2006, 11:01 AM) *
Has anyone had any luck with this problem, I know I am not the only one running a 720p resolution and watching HD...and inturn listening to it via SPDIF. As it is definately only realted to this senario. Hence the commonwealth games a popping all over the place after 30mins but channel 7 is fine (most of the time)...now that lots of channels an SD are using DD i get this problem as well

It is pretty frustrating...is there anyway to fix this...hardware and software included...besides a new tv?

There are tens of thousand of people listening to Digital TV audio via SPDIF, without pops and whatever, and I am sure many of them using DNTV Live! and the same decoders also. I am not really sure what we can do to help, we do not experience your issue on any of our systems, so it is very hard to try and diagnose a problem that does not exist. I guess you will have to try and identify the issue yourself. maybe even try a cheap $10 sound card, etc

--------------------
Renura Enterprises Pty Ltd - Owner of DigitalNow and MediaNow- Importers, Distributors and Retailers of Digital TV and other Digital Multimedia Solutions

+Quote Post
texass44
post Mar 20 2006, 11:18 AM
Post #6

Forum Regular

Member No.: 4,013
Card: DNTV Live! DVB-T

QUOTE (renura @ Mar 20 2006, 11:40 AM) *
There are tens of thousand of people listening to Digital TV audio via SPDIF, without pops and whatever, and I am sure many of them using DNTV Live! and the same decoders also. I am not really sure what we can do to help, we do not experience your issue on any of our systems, so it is very hard to try and diagnose a problem that does not exist. I guess you will have to try and identify the issue yourself. maybe even try a cheap $10 sound card, etc

I'll throw up the obvious one....have you upgraded all your video/audio drivers ?

Maybe even try the "reference" drivers from the chipset manufacturer of your MB audio chipset.

Good luck man !!

+Quote Post
Guest_disaster84_*
post Mar 20 2006, 12:00 PM
Post #7

Guests

yeah, gave that one a go. It didn't make any difference. Thanks anyway

+Quote Post
Reinmacher
post Mar 20 2006, 12:32 PM
Post #8

Participant

Group: New Members
Member No.: 4,441
Card: DNTV Live! DVB-T Pro

I doubt this is your problem but are you running a wireless network card in this PC? I had a USB wireless adapter in mine and HD would always stutter... As soon as I ripped the adapter out everything righted itself instantly. Hope that helps.

+Quote Post
Guest_disaster84_*
post Mar 20 2006, 01:30 PM
Post #9

Guests

QUOTE (Reinmacher @ Mar 20 2006, 01:32 PM) *
I doubt this is your problem but are you running a wireless network card in this PC? I had a USB wireless adapter in mine and HD would always stutter... As soon as I ripped the adapter out everything righted itself instantly. Hope that helps.

Nah no wireless adaptor, thanks anyway

+Quote Post
Guest_daft009_*
post Apr 2 2006, 08:25 AM
Post #10

Guests

i used to get this too.

tried using other audio codecs?
i think the cyberlink ones fixed my problems.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st July 2018 - 10:20 AM