> Magenta bar in zoomed pic
stevebow
post Feb 28 2007, 06:02 PM
Post #1

Participant

Group: New Members
Member No.: 6,720
Card: None

I get the following problem: change to the HD stream of ABC TV. Make sure you are viewing full screen. Now zoom in by pressing the "]" key. Here I get a magenta bar down the RHS of the picture about 1.5 times the width of the mouse pointer. This doesn't happen with any of the other ABC TV streams, nor (as far as I can see) any streams of the other networks.

Using V2.0.7.6.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nate
post Mar 1 2007, 04:53 PM
Post #2

DigitalWatch Developer
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 169
Card: DNTV Quad

Hi Steve,

That pink colour would be the colour that the overlay is keyed into. It should be getting replaced by the video image. Strange that it only happens when you zoom in. Try zooming in different amounts (using shift+] and shift+[) and see what happens.

I'm able to reproduce what you're seeing, although I'm limited to testing on a 1024x768 screen at the moment and it might have something to do with the screen resolution. What resolution are you running?

Also, i guess it's possible that your video card is not handling the overlay correctly. Perhaps try newer, or different video card drivers.

Cheers,
Nate

--------------------

+Quote Post
stevebow
post Mar 1 2007, 05:48 PM
Post #3

Participant

Group: New Members
Member No.: 6,720
Card: None

QUOTE (nate @ Mar 1 2007, 05:53 PM) *
That pink colour would be the colour that the overlay is keyed into. It should be getting replaced by the video image. Strange that it only happens when you zoom in. Try zooming in different amounts (using shift+] and shift+[) and see what happens.

It only happens with the default 133% zoom. Any other values are fine.

I'm able to reproduce what you're seeing, although I'm limited to testing on a 1024x768 screen at the moment and it might have something to do with the screen resolution. What resolution are you running?
It's a 1280x1024 LCD.

Also, i guess it's possible that your video card is not handling the overlay correctly. Perhaps try newer, or different video card drivers.

It's a Radeon 9800, using the ATI 6-9_xp-2k_dd_ccc_wdm_enu_35774 drivers from October.

I'll update to the current ATI drivers, failing that try the Omega drivers, and report back.

What is curious though, is that this problem is only seen when viewing the ABC HD stream, anything else is fine.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st July 2019 - 09:54 AM