Ratall
post Dec 30 2010, 04:34 PM
Post #281

Participant

Group: New Members
Member No.: 12,668
Card: DNTV TinyTwin USB

Hi
sometime ago I raised the issue of DV scheduler not handling multiple catagories in a programmes epg data via an email to the address address on the download page.
I passed onsome examples when requested yet I have not heard any more.
As the email address no longer seems to be present on the download site I thought I would try persueing the matter here.

The problem is Icetv provides multiple catagories individual programmes and DV scheduler only grabs the first one.

The question is will DV scheduler ever be able to deal with Multiple catagories or do I need to look at either pre processing the epg data some how or finding scheduling program.

I like this software it has been very reliable and has features I like shame to have to drop it.

Rick
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
marwerno
post Apr 23 2011, 04:03 PM
Post #282

Be nice to me, I am new.

Member No.: 14,221
Card: None

For the Auto add feature I highly recommend to always put a * in front and after the title!
It is not the programs fault it is the stupid TV stations that are not consistent in naming the Series, Shows, etc!
They often don't use the appropriate fields (Category, mostly unused. Sometimes Movie title is in the Descriptions and the title shows "Movie night" (or something like that).
Episode names are not in the proper field but in the description field (if they are named at all)
I have several shows that wouldn't record when just using "auto add"
Example "The Event" was listed under various names:
"The Event - New Series Premiere"
"The Event - New Episodes" (or something the like)
"The Event"

The Show "V" was also a candidate for that with all sorts of extensions (and I think even prefixes) added (Channel 7 seems to be the worst)!

Maybe the "auto add" should have the option to either always put * at the beginning and end of the Name or jump (after adding) to the details page so you can manually manipulate that entry quickly.

+Quote Post
vur
post Aug 23 2011, 01:33 PM
Post #283

Participant

Member No.: 14,444
Card: Leadtek DTV1000T

Hi,
Thankyou developer(s) of DV Scheduler. I'm loving it.

An unsolved issue I think arises because I have 4 DVB-T tuners. On the Main Page > Channel preview section I have up to five mentions of the same channel (I had 4 but after re-tuning an extra one has appeared.) I guess each one comes from each tuning.
Can I simplify the cluttered appearance by removing some but keep functionality?

Also, can someone explain the terms "Continuity report" and "Gap report" (on the EPG Data Report page.)

Aso, if searching with a URL for Rotten Tomatoes, is there a way to make it less finicky? Rotten Tmatoes->http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/{title} rarely works but IMBD seems to manage well.

Hi,
I had no end of trouble getting the EPG to load for the first ever time. (It is fine now and updating as expected by the Task system.)

What I think did the trick was trying while actually having a broadcast showing and then getting the EPG. Simply having DV Scheduler running did not seem to be enough?

5/9/2011 I believed that I had correctly set up the GetEPG Task and "Edit Tasks" shows a list of updates every 2 hours. However I find that only if I manually run GetEPG.bat in C:\Program Files\DV Scheduler\data\xmltv while I have an actual broadcast showing, do the the .xml files created get updated. Is there something I'm not doing to completely automate?

I continue to enjoy this program and have not missed a single recording to date. Brace for a donation to the cause.

--------------------
Tuners: Leadtek DTV1000T, Leadtek DTV1000S, Nebula USB, Avermedia Twinstar A825 (dual tuner) USB.

+Quote Post
ozNick
post Sep 5 2011, 08:39 PM
Post #284

Forum Regular

Member No.: 6,512

QUOTE (vur @ Aug 23 2011, 01:33 PM) *
Hi,
Thankyou developer(s) of DV Scheduler. I'm loving it.

An unsolved issue I think arises because I have 4 DVB-T tuners. On the Main Page > Channel preview section I have up to five mentions of the same channel (I had 4 but after re-tuning an extra one has appeared.) I guess each one comes from each tuning.
Can I simplify the cluttered appearance by removing some but keep functionality?
System => Channel Settings => delete the duplicate channels
Also, can someone explain the terms "Continuity report" and "Gap report" (on the EPG Data Report page.)
Gives you an overview of the quality of the EPG data. White is overlap and yellow is gap and detailed in the gap report.
Aso, if searching with a URL for Rotten Tomatoes, is there a way to make it less finicky? Rotten Tmatoes->http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/{title} rarely works but IMBD seems to manage well.

Hi,
I had no end of trouble getting the EPG to load for the first ever time. (It is fine now and updating as expected by the Task system.)

What I think did the trick was trying while actually having a broadcast showing and then getting the EPG. Simply having DV Scheduler running did not seem to be enough?

5/9/2011 I believed that I had correctly set up the GetEPG Task and "Edit Tasks" shows a list of updates every 2 hours. However I find that only if I manually run GetEPG.bat in C:\Program Files\DV Scheduler\data\xmltv while I have an actual broadcast showing, do the the .xml files created get updated. Is there something I'm not doing to completely automate?
Goto System => Edit Tasks => Add New Task "GetEPG" and command to run "C:\Program Files\DV Scheduler\data\xmltv\GetEPG.bat" then update task
Goto System => Data Source Settings => Pre-Load Task and add "GetEPG" and get it to run on "Scheduled Data Load"
Make sure "When not capturing" is set as you can have issues if DV-S and the DVBGuide try to access the same tuner simultaneously
I continue to enjoy this program and have not missed a single recording to date. Brace for a donation to the cause.

HTH Nick

+Quote Post
vur
post Oct 31 2011, 12:53 PM
Post #285

Participant

Member No.: 14,444
Card: Leadtek DTV1000T

Hi Nick, I've been messing with getting the EPG as you suggested with no luck until today, when I very carefully followed instructions again. Thankyou!!

You said "Make sure "When not capturing" is set as you can have issues if DV-S and the DVBGuide try to access the same tuner simultaneously" , however, I find that I have to have a Preview running or it does not work, which was what I was always finding when clicking on GetEPG.bat in the XMLTV folder.
Now that things are happening automatically, how can I force a prior preview to run for say ten minutes while the update runs, or is there a way to avoid this (as is the preferred way)?

BTW, I am using 4 tuners.

--------------------
Tuners: Leadtek DTV1000T, Leadtek DTV1000S, Nebula USB, Avermedia Twinstar A825 (dual tuner) USB.

+Quote Post
ozNick
post Nov 5 2011, 12:51 PM
Post #286

Forum Regular

Member No.: 6,512

QUOTE (vur @ Oct 31 2011, 12:53 PM) *
Hi Nick, I've been messing with getting the EPG as you suggested with no luck until today, when I very carefully followed instructions again. Thankyou!!

You said "Make sure "When not capturing" is set as you can have issues if DV-S and the DVBGuide try to access the same tuner simultaneously" , however, I find that I have to have a Preview running or it does not work, which was what I was always finding when clicking on GetEPG.bat in the XMLTV folder.
Now that things are happening automatically, how can I force a prior preview to run for say ten minutes while the update runs, or is there a way to avoid this (as is the preferred way)?

BTW, I am using 4 tuners.

What sort of tuners are they? - sounds like DVBGuide (run from GetEPG.bat) can't initialise your tuner and running the preview initialises the tuner.

You could just set a small recording to run before the tuner update each day (but you shouldn't have to!).

Nick

+Quote Post
RAMman
post Sep 26 2014, 08:20 AM
Post #287

Be nice to me, I am new.

Member No.: 15,799
Card: Compro VideoMate DVB-T300

Hi all. This is my first post

I am using dv sheduler and it is a great piece of software. It works very well and I have dumped windows media center and windows media player.

All works great under Windows 7 (server) and on a Windows XP computer across network but What I am trying to do is get the remote preview to sent the video from my dvb-t card over the network to a Linux computer. I don't want to use VLC to trans-code on the server if possible. On the remote machine I have not been able to get VLC under Linux to decode TS streams, for some reason on 2 different flavors of Linux the TS deMuxer are missing. Tryed installing libdvbpsi but nothing seems to make VLC under Linux play ts files. What I would like to do is use FFmpeg to convert the container to say either a PS file or Mpeg so that I can view the tv picture across my network on the Linux computer using standalone VLC player. I know it can be done but every time I try I can't seem to get the syntax right. Every time I try I get lots of errors. sad.gif

Anyone got any ideas?
Thanks Rob

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 13 14 15
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th November 2017 - 10:14 PM