> DNTV Scheduler Pro 2.03, Testing New Features
Tekadept
post May 29 2008, 02:29 PM
Post #41

Participant

Group: New Members
Member No.: 5,788
Card: DNTV Live! DVB-T

I had an issue. i did a remove of 2.02 and did a fresh install of 2.03 then i went to configure my devices but they didnt appear for me to add ie werent showing as available., DNTV S2 i have, works ok in 2.02 so i went back to that for now. I check the log files and i found these lines, is there something i forgot to do??

java.io.InvalidClassException: CaptureDevice; local class incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID = -1374993600670075032, local class serialVersionUID = -5013510817027208372
at java.io.ObjectStreamClass.initNonProxy(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readNonProxyDesc(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readClassDesc(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readArray(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.defaultReadFields(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readSerialData(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(Unknown Source)
at CaptureDeviceList.loadDeviceList(CaptureDeviceList.java:75)
at CaptureDeviceList.<init>(CaptureDeviceList.java:42)
at CaptureDeviceList.getInstance(CaptureDeviceList.java:56)
at DNTVSchedulerPro.main(DNTVSchedulerPro.java:70)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.tanukisoftware.wrapper.WrapperSimpleApp.run(WrapperSimpleApp.java:136)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Error loading CaptureDevices.sof, starting with no cards selected.
Currently have 0 devices in available device list
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bear
post May 29 2008, 05:09 PM
Post #42

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 808
Card: VisionPlus DVB-t

Try updating to a later version of Java, the Runtime version i'm using is jre1.6.0_04 from sun java, seems to work ok.

+Quote Post
Guest_berowne_*
post Jun 3 2008, 09:21 PM
Post #43

Guests

G'day
I had to rebuild my PC and reinstall DNTV Scheduler Pro 2.02 (can't find 2.03).

Trying to use XMLTV guide from EPGStream, but scheduler says the XML is empty... but it is full in a browser.

http://free-epg.epgstream.net/xmltv/xmltvS...mp;clientId={my secret code here}&guideType=free&clientType=DVBWS&countryCode=au&geographicId=2229&file=xmltv.zip

No Data Found in tv or epg sources, exiting reload.

Any tips ?
Java is 1.6.0_06.

Regards
Berowne.

+Quote Post
bear
post Jun 4 2008, 06:02 PM
Post #44

Forum Regular

Can you attach the zip file to your next post? I can then try and identify why it does not recognise the data.

+Quote Post
therat
post Jun 4 2008, 11:39 PM
Post #45

Forum Regular

Member No.: 3,165
Card: DNTV Quad

QUOTE (berowne @ Jun 3 2008, 09:21 PM) *
G'day
I had to rebuild my PC and reinstall DNTV Scheduler Pro 2.02 (can't find 2.03).

Trying to use XMLTV guide from EPGStream, but scheduler says the XML is empty... but it is full in a browser.

http://free-epg.epgstream.net/xmltv/xmltvS...mp;clientId={my secret code here}&guideType=free&clientType=DVBWS&countryCode=au&geographicId=2229&file=xmltv.zip

No Data Found in tv or epg sources, exiting reload.

Any tips ?
Java is 1.6.0_06.

Regards
Berowne.

Try going to www.epgstream.net and downloading the new v2.0 of the standalone program xmltvdownload.exe. The format at epgstream and oztivo changed and the new v2 program works a treat. Run the config to set it up and then download the xmltv.xml file and point DNTV Scheduler Pro to its location.

cheers

+Quote Post
therat
post Jun 8 2008, 10:19 PM
Post #46

Forum Regular

I have some questions about the shared recording feature:

Is it implemented yet?

I tried setting the "shared.capture" option to 1 as well as creating a path for it and saved the settings. I then clicked on s TV show from the EPG and clicked on the share task icon. Immediately a line appeared as if set to record. When the recording started, the capture file was in the newly created shared folder and no file in the default capture folder.

I tried to open the shared capture file but I got an error the file was in use by another process sad.gif

When the recording finished all the files in the shared folder disappeared.

Is this normal? I still wanted to watch what I had recorded but never got a chance. What else do I need to do so that the share task works?

+Quote Post
bear
post Jun 9 2008, 08:25 AM
Post #47

Forum Regular

@therat,
Is it implemented yet?
Yes

I tried setting the "shared.capture" option to 1 as well as creating a path for it and saved the settings. I then clicked on s TV show from the EPG and clicked on the share task icon. Immediately a line appeared as if set to record. When the recording started, the capture file was in the newly created shared folder and no file in the default capture folder.

When "Capture.share" set to 1 it enables the source device to create a "Full Mux" type custom timeshift file in the location defined by the "Share.path" value. This custom timeshift file can be accessed by a player that uses the TSFileSource filter such as DNTVLive(option enabled), DVRView, DNViewer as well as many other players that can set their input filters. As the file captures the full TS, you can also select which sub program to view. Since it is a timeshift file, the file should be destroyed when the source is stopped being used. The timeshift file may still be kept open if a viewer is still using it but will be over written the next time a source device needs to use the file.

When you open an epg item from the EPG page you are presented with two extra buttons, These are custom action buttons called "View" and "Share". The actions of these buttons are defined in the config as follows:-

"Share" - this button allows you to schedule the item with a different capture type defined by the "Share.deftype" option. It will also run a custom task as defined in the "Tasks.DefShare" value. The capture path is defined by the "Share.path" value.

"View" - this button allows you to schedule the item with a different capture type defined by the "Share.deftype" option. It will also run a custom task as defined in the "Tasks.DefView" value. The capture path is defined by the "Share.path" value.

The "View" button is also available on running and finished schedules and will run a task as defined by the "Tasks.DefView" value only.

The suggested use of the "View" & "Share" button is to provide for viewing of running or completed captures by allowing for a viewer task to run at the users request from the host machine, as well as many other future possibilities. i.e. Use the share button if you want to just create a timeshift file for viewing over a network. Use the view button if you want to view the capture/timeshift file from the host machine.

The "Full Share, Mux Share, MPGMux Share" capture types all create timeshift files in the location as defined by the "Share.path" value. The recommended type to use is Mux Share.

I tried to open the shared capture file but I got an error the file was in use by another process
Yes, you need to use a player that implements the TSFileSource Filter.

When the recording finished all the files in the shared folder disappeared.
Correct, normal operation. If you want the files to be retained use a non share capture type.

Is this normal? I still wanted to watch what I had recorded but never got a chance. What else do I need to do so that the share task works?
Create a task with the name of "View" that uses a player implementing TSFileSource, an example player is DNViewer.exe in the DNTVScheduler folder.
The command line would be
CODE
C:\Program Files\DNTVSchedulerPro\DNTViewer.exe "$filename"
and disable "When not capturing" option.

The latest beta is about (PM me if you want the link) with some extra features such as the ability to schedule new captures at will on an existing capture while running. Buttons to setup EPG captures to update the EPG page etc.

+Quote Post
k1w1
post Jun 21 2008, 11:08 AM
Post #48

Participant

Member No.: 232

I have finally got SelecTV up and runing and am using DNTV Scheduler Pro with FTA and Satellite.

Problem is the screen is now so crowded with channel program information it is difficult to read and use even on a 100" projector screen.

A solution could be to have an internal switch to display an FTA page and a Satellite page or is it possible to have multiple instances of DNTV Scheduler Pro running, one for FTA and another instance for Satellite?

+Quote Post
bear
post Jun 21 2008, 12:16 PM
Post #49

Forum Regular

Problem is the screen is now so crowded with channel program information it is difficult to read and use even on a 100" projector screen.
Yes, this is a recognised problem, are you using the web interface or keyboard interface, the keyboard interface might be easier to use instead. I would suggest that while it is good to have so many channels available it is unlikely that you would need them all, maybe look at your expected needs and unmap the channels less likely required from the EPG page, the unmapped channels are still able to be manualy recorded.

A solution could be to have an internal switch to display an FTA page and a Satellite page or is it possible to have multiple instances of DNTV Scheduler Pro running, one for FTA and another instance for Satellite?
This might be possible, seperate EPG page links for different device types maybe. will need to research this more. The other option would be to fix the minimum columm width and have the page horz scroll, not the easiest of options.
DNTV Scheduler Pro is not capable of multiple instance operation, to have another instance running it would need to be re-compiled as another install package. Not too difficult, just not an ideal outcome. DNTV Scheduler Pro and WebScheduler Pro can operate side by side so this might be an immediate solution.

+Quote Post
k1w1
post Jun 21 2008, 01:18 PM
Post #50

Participant

Member No.: 232

I use the web interface. The whole system is setup to be controlled from my armchair with the Gyration Airmouse, thats why i love using your DNTV Scceduler Pro with DNTV Live!, just point and click.

It currently displays the 8 FTA channels and 5 satellite channels i use the most. However, I and a lot of others use it not only as a sceduler but as a way to plan the nights viewing. Therefore having access to as many channels as possible meets that need.

Anyway, keep up the good work on this great tool, I and many others really appreciate it's functionality.

k1w1

P.S.

It just crossed my mind. Is there any way to adjust the font size used in DNTV Scheduler Pro. That may help in claiming some more screen real estate.

+Quote Post
micmij
post Jun 25 2008, 12:46 PM
Post #51

Participant

Member No.: 7,682
Card: DNTV Live Dual Hybrid PCIe S2

Hi,

I've gotten the Analogue AV capture (of programs recorded on my Foxtel IQ) up and running and have a couple of questions -
  1. There are 'pops' in my audio that are fairly constant. Is this down to my sound card (I'm just using onboard Realtek audio from my Gigabyte motherboard)?
  2. Is S-Video preferable to Composite? (Have tried composite so far and am slighty underwhelmed....)

With regard to the capture quality, I have a Dual Hybrid PCI-E S2 TV card and was wondering if there was any way that I could get a component signal into it (i.e. is there another dongle that I could get for it)? Or would I need to get a dedicated capture card?

I haven't looked at too many of the other new features yet, although I have tried the EPG scanning and it seems to work very well.

Mic

+Quote Post
bear
post Jun 25 2008, 09:46 PM
Post #52

Forum Regular

Hi micmij,

1) Interesting will look at this abit closer, maybe a bitrate issue. Is the poping constantly there at a steady rate or is it randomly occuring during say rapid motion?

2) S-Video is better than composite as the luminance signal is separated from the Chroma signal in the cable, Component input is better again but please don't compare this along side of the digital signal. Also note that long video/svideo cable lengths will result in softer looking video picture.

Regarding using component signal in the Dual Hybrid PCI-E S2 TV card, best leave that to those that have one, I would recomend that if your after quality then go with a dedicated capture card.

I haven't looked at too many of the other new features yet, although I have tried the EPG scanning and it seems to work very well.
Thanks for the feedback, the EPG scanning is important to sign off as working.

+Quote Post
micmij
post Jun 26 2008, 09:15 AM
Post #53

Participant

Thanks for the reply Bear,

Cool, will give S-Video a go. The popping happens between every 5-10 seconds. It's not too loud or anything, just a very slight noise that you hear above the normal noise. I have a feeling that it might be related to the soundcard, so I might try and record something and play it back on another system to see if that's the case.

I'll report back tonight or tomorrow morning.

Mic

+Quote Post
micmij
post Jun 27 2008, 09:32 AM
Post #54

Participant

After further testing I've determined that it's my Foxtel IQ box that is causing the noise! dry.gif It's actually a hum that is always present, but I was only hearing it in the quieter parts of any captures initially. I normally listen to the digital audio from the IQ, so it's not usually an issue....

I picked up an S-Video cable and the picture quality is good. So, all's good with the DNTV Scheduler Pro software - I just have to figure out how I get rid of the hum.

I do recall that when my IQ was initially installed that the flylead between the wall outlet and my box came in 2 parts - a longer cable and a fairly short cable that appeared to be slightly different (some kind of green markings on the cable, if I recall). It wasn't just an extension cable as the longer cable was long enough to easily reach the box on it's own. So, I'm wondering if the shorter cable served some other purpose that I wasn't aware of. I think I removed it as it didn't seem to affect picture quality and it was not sitting nicely behind all my equipment (but I'm sure it's around somewhere....)

I've had a bit of a look around on the forum and other people have solved this issue by installing a 3Kv centre conductor betwen the box and outlet - and I wonder if that other cable was serving the same purpose?

Mic

+Quote Post
vadimz
post Jun 27 2008, 10:26 AM
Post #55

Participant

Member No.: 238

Where can I download this version from? unsure.gif

+Quote Post
micmij
post Jun 27 2008, 03:36 PM
Post #56

Participant

QUOTE (vadimz @ Jun 27 2008, 10:26 AM) *
Where can I download this version from? unsure.gif

Send bear a PM and he'll hook you up (if he hasn't already).

+Quote Post
scottishdave
post Jun 28 2008, 01:41 PM
Post #57

Be nice to me, I am new.

Member No.: 8,899
Card: DNTV Live! Low Profile

I got the same local class incompatible: stream classdesc error

QUOTE (Tekadept @ May 29 2008, 02:29 PM) *
I had an issue. i did a remove of 2.02 and did a fresh install of 2.03 then i went to configure my devices but they didnt appear for me to add ie werent showing as available., DNTV S2 i have, works ok in 2.02 so i went back to that for now. I check the log files and i found these lines, is there something i forgot to do??

java.io.InvalidClassException: CaptureDevice; local class incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID = -1374993600670075032, local class serialVersionUID = -5013510817027208372
at java.io.ObjectStreamClass.initNonProxy(Unknown Source)
at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readNonProxyDesc(Unknown Source)

2.02 worked perfectly. I removed 2.02 completely and installed 2.03 beta 43 first with jre 1.6.0_06, then with _04 as advised to you by Bear to no avail. Tried 1.6.0_05 and still got the same error. sad.gif

Any ideas?

BTW, I'm using a DNTV Live! Hybrid LP
Attached File(s)
Attached File  jre160_04.zip ( 1.51K ) Number of downloads: 3
Attached File  JRE106_05.zip ( 1.5K ) Number of downloads: 2

+Quote Post
bear
post Jun 28 2008, 06:53 PM
Post #58

Forum Regular

Hi dave,

java.io.InvalidClassException: CaptureDevice; local class incompatible
This error relates to a compatability issue between ver 2.0.2 & 2.0.3 when it tries to load the CaptureDevices.sof file. This should only occur on the first run of a new version after install.

The problem more relates to the "capture.exe" tool when it is used to check the system for capabilities. It is either being prevented from running by a anti virus block or it is crashing. If you have "capabilities.log" files in the log directory post them or if not then maybe look at unblocking the antivirus action on that directory.

+Quote Post
therat
post Jul 10 2008, 10:10 PM
Post #59

Forum Regular

I have a problem (or feature request) with the way Scheduler Pro (and WebScheduler as well) records multiple programs on the one channel.

On Thursday nights my wife and kids go out and I have to tape all of Channel 7 for them. That's no problem. The problem is when thgey get home and one wants to watch one of the early programs they can't until the very last program has completed recording. This is most annoying.

Is there any way to get access to the completed programs without stopping the recording or the others?

+Quote Post
bear
post Jul 11 2008, 05:19 PM
Post #60

Forum Regular

Is there any way to get access to the completed programs without stopping the recording or the others?
No and yes, It will depend on what player program your using to watch the recording files and what capture format your using. If your using DVR-MS capture type and your viewing over a network then your stuck, but you can view DVR-MS recordings live on the same PC if you install DNTV Scheduler Pro under your user profile rather than under the system profile.
If your using MPG capture format then depending on your player then your stuck also, but there are programs around that will let you watch as you record mpg files such as VLC, digitalwatch II or the DNViewer application thats located in the DNTV Scheduler program files Directory.

If your using TS Mux capture format then again depending on your player then your stuck too, but there are programs around that will let you watch as you record TS files such as DNTVLive, VLC, digitalwatch II or the DNViewer application thats located in the DNTV Scheduler program files Directory.

Your issue does raise a need for Scheduler to release write access to files that are part of a mux group recording after they have finished, I can look closer at this to help out. I think the latest WS doesn't have this specific multi mux record issue.

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th December 2019 - 11:26 PM