> PAT rewrite tools for TS files?
skeptic mike
post Jan 13 2013, 11:33 AM
Post #1

Be nice to me, I am new.

Group: New Members
Member No.: 15,287
Card: None

I'm looking for an application (preferably windows command line ) that can rewrite the PAT on existing TS files. These have been produced with TV Scheduler Pro from UK broadcasts. The files are fine, and play perfectly using vlc, but contain the information about the programs other than the one recorded. My TV seems to belong to the class of dumb media players that can't cope with this. I can remux the files, but options to do this (e.g. ffmpeg or TSmuxer) seem to be unable to cope with the DVB subtitles which I'd like to keep.

Some capture programs (e.g. DVPiper on windows, and MumuDVB on Gnu/Linux) seem to offer this, but I can't find anything that can do this with existing files.

An option to remove or prune the significant quantity of EIT packets would be nice, but isn't key.

My programming skills are pretty limited, but I'm prepared to attempt to build from source code. (I can manage the easier tasks like building my own Project X by grabbing the source from CVS)

thanks for any suggestions

Mike
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
paul_ahb
post Jan 13 2013, 06:27 PM
Post #2

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,030

I use Project X to extract the subtitle file and I then use ffmpeg to compress the ts file audio and video streams and then delete the ts file.

Are you interested in information on how to do this? I am not sure if it will be totally compatible because my system relies on Australian broadcasting standards.

Paul

+Quote Post
skeptic mike
post Jan 14 2013, 10:41 AM
Post #3

Be nice to me, I am new.

Group: New Members
Member No.: 15,287

QUOTE (paul_ahb @ Jan 13 2013, 08:27 AM) *
I use Project X to extract the subtitle file and I then use ffmpeg to compress the ts file audio and video streams and then delete the ts file.

Are you interested in information on how to do this? I am not sure if it will be totally compatible because my system relies on Australian broadcasting standards.

Paul

Thanks, but no, my interest is in avoiding having to remux the transport stream if at all possible. UK DVB uses bitmapped subtitles, and it doesn't seem possible to demux and remux that kind of subtitle with any available tool.

Mike

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2019 - 06:22 PM