IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How to insert PCR if its missing in recorded Transpiort Stream Files, Directshow Filter Development
Derric Lyns
post Aug 18 2011, 09:13 PM
Post #1

Be nice to me, I am new.

Group: New Members
Member No.: 14,474
Card: Avermedia DVB-t

How is it possible to calculate PCR to insert into a recorded transport stream file which does not have a PCR information.

I recorded transport stream from DVB card into a file which unfortunately ends up without PCR information.

when i try to playback the file, it fails. I found that the Haali media Splitter is capable of playing it back.

From my research the PCRis inserted by the Demux filter when run in pull mode and sent to the decoder.

I would like to build a directshow source filter in push mode that makes sure of adding a PCR information if its missing.

Please shed some light in how to calculate pCR and insert it to the TS packets.

Thank you!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bear
post Aug 18 2011, 10:03 PM
Post #2

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 808
Card: VisionPlus DVB-t

How is it possible to calculate PCR to insert into a recorded transport stream file which does not have a PCR information.

I believe the PCR info in a transport stream is contained in a seperate TS packet that is used to sync the demux when used in push mode. It is used to by the demux to adjust the filtergraph clock so that the elementry stream sent to the A/V decoders is not out of sync.
I recorded transport stream from DVB card into a file which unfortunately ends up without PCR information.

It would be an advantage to include the PCR packet when recording from the DVB device.
when i try to playback the file, it fails. I found that the Haali media Splitter is capable of playing it back. From my research the PCRis inserted by the Demux filter when run in pull mode and sent to the decoder.

There are other demux filters that can do the same using pull mode. These rely on the PTS data within the elementry stream which is decoded by the decoders to manage the filtergraph clock.
I would like to build a directshow source filter in push mode that makes sure of adding a PCR information if its missing.

Are you looking at building a file source filter to push the MS Demux or an inline filter using some other source input?
Please shed some light in how to calculate pCR and insert it to the TS packets.

Media portal or VLC developer forums may be of more assistance as they do TS muxing for streaming etc.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th August 2019 - 10:59 PM