> DV Scheduler to move to WS Pro v5?, Now that WS Pro v5 is free
charlesc3
post Feb 12 2009, 10:51 AM
Post #1

Be nice to me, I am new.

Group: New Members
Member No.: 11,836
Card: DNTV TinyTwin USB

Now that Web Scheduler Pro v5 is free and open source, maybe DV Scheduler can move to that as a base.
This announcement just out from Bluebit. http://www.bluebit.com.au/

DVB Web Scheduler Pro is now free and open source
The latest version of DVB Web Scheduler Pro is now available for download as a free and open source application.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ozNick
post Feb 12 2009, 07:18 PM
Post #2

Forum Regular

Member No.: 6,512
Card: None

QUOTE (charlesc3 @ Feb 12 2009, 11:51 AM) *
Now that Web Scheduler Pro v5 is free and open source, maybe DV Scheduler can move to that as a base.

The latest version of DVB Web Scheduler Pro is now available for download as a free and open source application.

Ultimately it is up to efax.

DV Scheduler has forked quite significantly from WS Pro and they are different creatures if you look beyond DVB-T scheduling.

If there are any features in WS Pro that you require maybe it will be easier for efax to integrate them into DVS using the now available code base of WS Pro 6.

Cheers Nick

+Quote Post
CharlesC
post Feb 13 2009, 11:54 AM
Post #3

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,148
Card: DNTV Quad

QUOTE (ozNick @ Feb 12 2009, 08:18 PM) *
DV Scheduler has forked quite significantly from WS Pro and they are different creatures if you look beyond DVB-T scheduling.

I'm appreciating that more and more as I get familiar with DV Scheduler.

It really does provide great functionality. I'm just sorry I didn't come across it sooner.

+Quote Post
ozNick
post Feb 13 2009, 07:11 PM
Post #4

Forum Regular

Member No.: 6,512
Card: None

QUOTE (charlesc3 @ Feb 12 2009, 11:51 AM) *

I read Null is possibly moving towards a SourceForge project so maybe there can be some collaboration between the 3 different versions of the product - who knows?

Cheers Nick

+Quote Post
bazzaa
post Mar 4 2009, 06:52 PM
Post #5

Forum Regular

Member No.: 5,307
Card: Leadtek DTV1000T

QUOTE (ozNick @ Feb 12 2009, 07:18 PM) *
If there are any features in WS Pro that you require maybe it will be easier for efax to integrate them into DVS using the now available code base of WS Pro 6.

I can't actually think of any features, did you have any in mind? I've only had a short time to explore DVS but it seems to do all WS does and more? Are there missing things?

So far the only problems I've struck was one UI element that was a broken link (navigate home from the channel management, I think) and every so often I'd get a java error if I change too many options in the System Setup at the one time (yet to nail that one down to anything repeatable). Other than that it just seems to work, though the menu nesting could probably use some attention, I guess.

--------------------
--- in theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is a great deal of difference ---

+Quote Post
Bibi86
post Mar 12 2009, 01:24 PM
Post #6

Participant

Member No.: 9,827
Card: Avermedia DVB-t

I use DV Scheduler since a long time, and it's an absolutely perfect software for recording, it's ok like it is.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th June 2019 - 12:47 AM