> QUAD Card / Windows 8.1 64 Bit
MichaelPine
post Aug 18 2015, 05:44 PM
Post #1

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,640
Card: DNTV Live! DVB-T

Should this combo be pretty stable and happy, been in the process of upgrading my HTPC then waited to see what would happen with WIndows 10 and now that MCE support fully gone I am going to run Windows 8.1
with a Quad Card and Cyberlink which is already running and very good, just have not transferred across the Quad card yet.

cheers
Michael
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
therat
post Aug 18 2015, 07:29 PM
Post #2

Forum Regular

Member No.: 3,165
Card: DNTV Quad

As far as I am aware the Quad runs fine on windows 8.1, just remember that the Quad has 4 tuners and will require a much stronger signal than a single tuner card

+Quote Post
frednerk33
post Aug 21 2015, 09:33 PM
Post #3

Forum Regular

Group: New Members
Member No.: 4,667
Card: DNTV TinyTwin USB

what quad ?

+Quote Post
therat
post Aug 22 2015, 11:31 AM
Post #4

Forum Regular

QUOTE (frednerk33 @ Aug 21 2015, 09:33 PM) *
what quad ?

The one the OP wants to transfer over as per his post " I am going to run Windows 8.1 with a Quad Card"

cheers

+Quote Post
frednerk33
post Aug 22 2015, 11:26 PM
Post #5

Forum Regular

QUOTE (therat @ Aug 22 2015, 11:01 AM) *
The one the OP wants to transfer over as per his post " I am going to run Windows 8.1 with a Quad Card"

cheers

OK.
I wasn't sure if you meant a "new" one DigitalNow was going to release.
I see mention of it has been removed from the DigitalNow website though sad.gif

+Quote Post
therat
post Aug 23 2015, 01:03 PM
Post #6

Forum Regular

QUOTE (frednerk33 @ Aug 22 2015, 11:26 PM) *
OK.
I wasn't sure if you meant a "new" one DigitalNow was going to release.
I see mention of it has been removed from the DigitalNow website though sad.gif

I hadn't noticed that before. No quad cards available anymore and none coming by the look of it sad.gif

+Quote Post
frednerk33
post Aug 23 2015, 05:35 PM
Post #7

Forum Regular

A bit of a pity, DigitalNow was my "goto" place for PC TV gear and I was looking forward to the new quad.
Still, they do sell the twin-tuner 7164's which work well under Win8.1/Win10 (not sure if it's a rebranded something, but I'm very happy with it and Digitalnow is always reliable and quick)

+Quote Post
therat
post Aug 23 2015, 09:24 PM
Post #8

Forum Regular

QUOTE (frednerk33 @ Aug 23 2015, 05:35 PM) *
A bit of a pity, DigitalNow was my "goto" place for PC TV gear and I was looking forward to the new quad.
Still, they do sell the twin-tuner 7164's which work well under Win8.1/Win10 (not sure if it's a rebranded something, but I'm very happy with it and Digitalnow is always reliable and quick)

Yes very true however their Quad card was the flagship tuner with everything - DVB, FM, DAB and each format supported by the 4 tuners. Shame if it is discontinued. I was actually hoping that a USB version might have been in the pipeline but so far it's not looking like it.

+Quote Post
MichaelPine
post Sep 12 2015, 05:15 PM
Post #9

Forum Regular

Member No.: 2,640

Sorry for not coming back sooner, was just doing an update again and checked their site and also saw now they have completely removed it from their site as previously it was
"Coming soon" no E.T.A

Truly sucks, yes are signal is fine on the main TV with the QUAD card, sometimes it goes off on some channels but only when it rains, I do notice on their site they say the DUAL
USB is not verified for 64 Bit but the Quad card is.

But thanks for the feedback though I think I will continue with my upgrade and keep Media Center on Windows 8.1 and transfer across the Quad card, it is all setup and working
fine other than I have not transferred the Quad card over yet but it is verified on Windows 8.1+64 Bit.

Not sure if I am going to transfer over my Soundgraph component or should I go something different for Remote control ?

+Quote Post
frednerk33
post Sep 12 2015, 06:24 PM
Post #10

Forum Regular

Does anyone know if "DNTV Dual Hybrid (7164) PCIe" is a rebranded card ? If so what is it ?

+Quote Post
DrP
post Sep 13 2015, 08:17 AM
Post #11

Forum Regular

Member No.: 57
Card: DNTV tinyUSB

QUOTE (frednerk33 @ Sep 12 2015, 06:24 PM) *
Does anyone know if "DNTV Dual Hybrid (7164) PCIe" is a rebranded card ? If so what is it ?

It will be something else rebranded for sure, but what I'm not sure. If you are after an alternate source of drivers you can usually turn up something by plugging the PCI vendor and device IDs (from device manager in Windows) into www.pcidatabase.com

On a slightly different tilt, I turned up this while searching for something that looked like the DNTV card. 4 x DVB-T2/T tuners on a single PCIe card.

--------------------
Looking for an alternative to TV Scheduler Pro? Take a look at dvscheduler for Windows or tvheadend for linux.

+Quote Post
frednerk33
post Sep 13 2015, 10:55 AM
Post #12

Forum Regular

QUOTE (DrP @ Sep 13 2015, 07:47 AM) *
It will be something else rebranded for sure, but what I'm not sure. If you are after an alternate source of drivers you can usually turn up something by plugging the PCI vendor and device IDs (from device manager in Windows) into www.pcidatabase.com

On a slightly different tilt, I turned up this while searching for something that looked like the DNTV card. 4 x DVB-T2/T tuners on a single PCIe card.

Nice find. Can't seem to find the manufacturer website. Found a US site which looked similar but it didn't list that model.

edit: the site appears to be http://www.tbsdtv.com/ but it still doesn't list the product nor any dvb-T/T2 PCIe cards sad.gif

+Quote Post
therat
post Sep 13 2015, 12:16 PM
Post #13

Forum Regular

QUOTE (DrP @ Sep 13 2015, 08:17 AM) *

Yeah I've seen that card before but not for digital TV. Would be nice to have the 4 tuners on a single USB 3.0 tho.

+Quote Post
DrP
post Sep 14 2015, 12:23 PM
Post #14

Forum Regular

Member No.: 57
Card: DNTV tinyUSB

QUOTE (frednerk33 @ Sep 13 2015, 10:55 AM) *
Nice find. Can't seem to find the manufacturer website. Found a US site which looked similar but it didn't list that model.

edit: the site appears to be http://www.tbsdtv.com/ but it still doesn't list the product nor any dvb-T/T2 PCIe cards sad.gif

Like most of these S.E.A. manufacturer sites they pretty much never get it right. They have a quad ATSC card too, but good luck finding it on there. You can find the 4 tuner DVBT2/t card for sale in the UK, and probably ebay too.

--------------------
Looking for an alternative to TV Scheduler Pro? Take a look at dvscheduler for Windows or tvheadend for linux.

+Quote Post
renura
post Sep 23 2015, 11:27 AM
Post #15

Enthusiast

Member No.: 38
Card: None

QUOTE (frednerk33 @ Sep 12 2015, 07:24 PM) *

It is not re-branded anything, developed and produced for us only as was the Quad and many other DN products.

--------------------
Renura Enterprises Pty Ltd - Owner of DigitalNow and MediaNow- Importers, Distributors and Retailers of Digital TV and other Digital Multimedia Solutions

+Quote Post
frednerk33
post Sep 23 2015, 07:49 PM
Post #16

Forum Regular

QUOTE (renura @ Sep 23 2015, 10:57 AM) *
It is not re-branded anything, developed and produced for us only as was the Quad and many other DN products.

OK thanks. Any news on the possibility of a new quad ?

+Quote Post
renura
post Sep 25 2015, 08:50 AM
Post #17

Enthusiast

QUOTE (frednerk33 @ Sep 23 2015, 07:49 PM) *
OK thanks. Any news on the possibility of a new quad ?

We have been trying very hard to get another one developed, but the costs are too high and the market too small, so unlikely that we may have another DN quad card, we are however talking to other companies who maybe interested in co-sharing the model and market it more widely. In the meantime I would recommend the use of 2x Dual Hybrid cards to achieve the same result (you need two PCIe slots of course!).

--------------------
Renura Enterprises Pty Ltd - Owner of DigitalNow and MediaNow- Importers, Distributors and Retailers of Digital TV and other Digital Multimedia Solutions

+Quote Post
music_man1352000
post Sep 28 2015, 06:37 PM
Post #18

Participant

Member No.: 8,181

QUOTE (renura @ Sep 25 2015, 11:50 AM) *
We have been trying very hard to get another one developed...

Is it not possible to get a new production run of the previous design? (...or does the previous development partner own the design?)

QUOTE (renura @ Sep 25 2015, 11:50 AM) *
In the meantime I would recommend the use of 2x Dual Hybrid cards to achieve the same result (you need two PCIe slots of course!).

There are other quad DVB-T/T2 cards on the market. It is the DAB and FM support which is harder to come by. Obviously the dual hybrid cards don't support DAB at all. sad.gif

+Quote Post
renura
post Oct 3 2015, 05:40 PM
Post #19

Enthusiast

QUOTE (music_man1352000 @ Sep 28 2015, 06:37 PM) *
Is it not possible to get a new production run of the previous design? (...or does the previous development partner own the design?)
No the issue is not the design (which we own) it is that some of the components are no longer made.

There are other quad DVB-T/T2 cards on the market. It is the DAB and FM support which is harder to come by. Obviously the dual hybrid cards don't support DAB at all. sad.gif
You can buy a Dabby USB dongle which will give you DAB+, FM and another digital tuner. I would be interested to hear from anyone in the world who has used these other Quad DVB-T cards:)

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th December 2019 - 05:00 AM