IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Squeezeplay,MCE receiver and logitech Harmony 785, How to control squeezeplay with ir remote
ebk71
post May 4 2010, 10:06 PM
Post #1

Be nice to me, I am new.

Group: New Members
Member No.: 13,385
Card: None

I have a Logitech Harmony 785 remote, MCE receiver (installed with the updated mce driver) and the software player squeezeplay.

I found an article from someone who did the same only on a different platform.(I use XP)
I'm able to control a few functions of squeezeplay with the remote. But left right up and down don't work. When I use the remote, I see in other applications the buttons move but in squeezeplay not. I'm sure the keys are mapped correctly, what could cause a application to act differently?
Or someone with experience on squeezeplay?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
btmi
post May 7 2010, 08:39 AM
Post #2

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 185
Card: DNTV Live! DVB-T

If you can see the cursor keys working correctly in other applications, can you confirm that you have not configured the keys in the Squeezebox application itself? If so, try removing the entries from here and see if that works.

Otherwise I am afraid I do not know what to suggest - I do not have a Squeezebox to test.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ebk71
post May 7 2010, 08:16 PM
Post #3

Be nice to me, I am new.

Group: New Members
Member No.: 13,385
Card: None

QUOTE (btmi @ May 6 2010, 11:39 PM) *
If you can see the cursor keys working correctly in other applications, can you confirm that you have not configured the keys in the Squeezebox application itself? If so, try removing the entries from here and see if that works.

Otherwise I am afraid I do not know what to suggest - I do not have a Squeezebox to test.

I don't own a squeezebox to. Using a nas(synology) which contains the music. Most synology boxes can run squeezeserver, but is on my type to much, so I use a HP T5720 which runs xp with squeezeserver.

I did try to edit button setup in Squeezeplay but without succes, on squeeze forum I don't get good feedback. Someone has set this config up but on different platform. It looks like squeezeplay interprets hard button different then received from HIP?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th September 2017 - 11:16 PM