IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> channel 9 changing to mpeg4 from mpeg2, ... will the 7164 pcie card and TV Scheduler Pro work with it ?
frednerk33
post Nov 10 2015, 11:16 PM
Post #1

Forum Regular

Group: New Members
Member No.: 4,667
Card: DNTV TinyTwin USB

I see channel 9 is changing some of their broadcast from mpeg2 to mpeg4.

I use a DigitalNow 7164 PCIE card which I'm not sure can receive/handle the mpeg4 broadcast as well as the older mpeg2 ?

Also, will TV Scheduler Pro able to record the mpeg4 channel ? ... I am unsure if I need to change anything.

Thanks

http://www.mediaweek.com.au/nine-is-broadc...t-for-everyone/

The network has announced a radical shake-up of its current broadcasting channels. Its current HD channel Gem will shift to standard definition, Nine will introduce its new free-to-air broadcast lifestyle channel 9Life, and Nine will begin broadcasting its primary channel as a pair of standard definition and high definition channels.
To accommodate the extra channels that will broadcast, Nine has had to embrace a different compression type. From the commencement of digital TV broadcasting in Australia, networks have broadcast their signal with the MPEG2 compression type. To broadcast 9HD, Nine will employ MPEG4. This means that older TV sets and receivers may be able to receive a high definition MPEG2 signal, but are not equipped to receive MPEG4.
For most viewers, this shouldn’t pose a problem. It is believed that the average life cycle of a television set in Australia is about five years, with older sets that don’t support MPEG4 no longer being used as a households primary set. Of course, some viewers may still be using older TV sets.
When asked how many viewers may be negatively effected, Nine’s director of broadcast operations Geoff Sparke advised Mediaweek that it’s “hard to say. We believe that MP4 decoders have been inbuilt since about 2007, and on average about one million panels are sold per year. So I would suggest the main screen in about 90% of homes are MP4 capable”.
Viewers who cannot receive the HD signal will be able to continue to watch Nine as a standard definition channel.
The shift to adopt MPEG4 compression broadcast does bring with it a significant video quality upgrade. Currently the Australian HD signal offers a 1440 x 1080 resolution, but MPEG4 will provide greater clarity, with Sparke confirming they will broadcast in full HD 1920 x 1080.
Nine will re-stack their channels on 26 November 2015. Some viewers may need to re-scan their television sets to receive the new channel lineup.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
therat
post Nov 11 2015, 01:07 PM
Post #2

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,165
Card: DNTV Quad

Good question but unfortunately I am not sure. Renura will know for sure if the hardware can handle it and bear is the Scheduler Pro expert. Hopefully both will drop by and post what they know.

The other wildcard is the re-stacking on the 26th. No mention of whether the frequency will change

+Quote Post
bear
post Nov 11 2015, 07:38 PM
Post #3

Forum Regular

Member No.: 808
Card: VisionPlus DVB-t

The two apps should be able to work with MPEG4 transmissions but as we have none in Australia to decode yet we will have to wait and see. The only problem I can see will be the H264 video decoders needed and what audio compression format will be used.

+Quote Post
Calvi
post Nov 12 2015, 11:13 AM
Post #4

Forum Regular

Member No.: 1,988
Card: DVICO FusionHDTV

Missed this one due to double post.

http://forums.dvbowners.com/index.php?show...c=13827&hl=

In theory I think it should work. I am assuming the TS will capture the same and encapsulate AVC/h264 video instead of mpeg2.
The demuxer used will need to be able to handle the streams correctly to play it though.
I also would assume that dvrms will not work for mpeg4 content.

As to whether it WILL actually work though I have no idea. Will have to wait and see.

+Quote Post
therat
post Nov 13 2015, 01:23 PM
Post #5

Forum Regular

Was reading some interesting comments on the net and it appears we already have an MPEG4 channel on which to test namely the new Channel 7 channel RACING.COM or CH78.

Scheduler Pro detects the channel but when it comes to recording then it's a different matter. The only format I can record i on so far is TS-Full, however I can't play the recorded file. It shows 5 different channels but only the main 7 digital plays and none of the other 4.

Will continue playing with RACING.COM

+Quote Post
therat
post Nov 13 2015, 02:15 PM
Post #6

Forum Regular

Doesn't matter what video decoder I select I can't get RACING.COM to display. Obviously I only have the DNTV LIVE and MS MPEG2 video decoders installed.

Any suggestions as to what decoder I need to install that is supported by DNTV LIVE to display RACING.COM (CH78)?

+Quote Post
therat
post Nov 13 2015, 03:24 PM
Post #7

Forum Regular

Well I've found a long roundabout way to record CH78 in Scheduler Pro. I set the format to TS-Full, record and when finished I run the file through videoredo and select the CH78 stream and save. Plays perfectly in media player classic.

Would be nice if bear could find point me to a way to actually record just CH78 and not the full CFH7 mux.

+Quote Post
bear
post Nov 14 2015, 08:12 PM
Post #8

Forum Regular

Have you tried using TSMux and playing with VLC?

+Quote Post
therat
post Nov 14 2015, 09:33 PM
Post #9

Forum Regular

QUOTE (bear @ Nov 14 2015, 08:12 PM) *
Have you tried using TSMux and playing with VLC?

Thanks bear that works. Even plays with media player classic. Don't understand why it didn't work the other day when I tried. Only TS-Full worked.

Now just need to fix DNTV LIVE. Any idea what decoder I can use to get DNTV LIVE to display CH78?

+Quote Post
bear
post Nov 14 2015, 09:58 PM
Post #10

Forum Regular

You need the Twinhan h264 decoder for video, audio mpg4 audio is not picked up in DNTVLive scan, not sure why.

+Quote Post
therat
post Nov 14 2015, 10:54 PM
Post #11

Forum Regular

QUOTE (bear @ Nov 14 2015, 09:58 PM) *
You need the Twinhan h264 decoder for video, audio mpg4 audio is not picked up in DNTVLive scan, not sure why.

Thanks bear. That's the decoders in DigitalTV?

They aren't on the list of supported video or audio decoders. I notice that Arcsoft video and audio decoders are supported. They support H264/mpeg4. Does DNTV LIVE support all versions of arcsoft totalmedia or just some?

+Quote Post
therat
post Nov 15 2015, 07:47 PM
Post #12

Forum Regular

I installed the latest arcsoft totalmedia 6 trial. DNTV LIVE seemed to detect the video decoder but not the audio decoder. Unfortunately I still get the error message when trying to view CH78. Maybe it needs an older version.

Any suggestions bear?

+Quote Post
bear
post Nov 19 2015, 07:56 PM
Post #13

Forum Regular

I don't have audio value in DNTVLive when channel scanning ch78 so it's not going to give any audio. The video is decoded ok using an old AzureWave H264 decoder. CLSID {7F65F370-1A3D-4175-B2EC-EA640421A78F}
The supported only display decoders are for the media format used so the ones your seeing in the list are for mpeg 2 formats.

+Quote Post
therat
post Nov 19 2015, 08:03 PM
Post #14

Forum Regular

QUOTE (bear @ Nov 19 2015, 07:56 PM) *
I don't have audio value in DNTVLive when channel scanning ch78 so it's not going to give any audio. The video is decoded ok using an old AzureWave H264 decoder. CLSID {7F65F370-1A3D-4175-B2EC-EA640421A78F}
The supported only display decoders are for the media format used so the ones your seeing in the list are for mpeg 2 formats.

Where do I get the Azureware H264 decoder from?

As far as audio goes, Scheduler Pro has all the details. Is it possible to update DNTVLIVE so that it displays and outputs both video and audio on CH78? We need get it working or else DNTV LIVE users won't be able to watch channel 9 next week sad.gif

EDIT: Just a thought, maybe DNTVLIVE doesn't display audio info because it only has a choice of MPEG2, AAC or AC3 whereas CH78 broadcasts audio in mp4 (according to scheduler Pro)

+Quote Post
therat
post Nov 19 2015, 11:04 PM
Post #15

Forum Regular

bear,

just downloaded the DVBViewer demo and it detected my tinytwin and dabby and scanned all channels and played CH78 perfectly.

It shows video as H.264 and audio as AAC

+Quote Post
frednerk33
post Nov 20 2015, 12:44 AM
Post #16

Forum Regular

QUOTE (therat @ Nov 19 2015, 11:34 PM) *
just downloaded the DVBViewer demo and it detected my tinytwin and dabby and scanned all channels and played CH78 perfectly.
It shows video as H.264 and audio as AAC

OK! Does this mean the audio is not captured at all in the resulting .TS file even though it's AAC and that TVSP needs a tweak to capture with TSMux ?

+Quote Post
therat
post Nov 20 2015, 01:01 PM
Post #17

Forum Regular

QUOTE (frednerk33 @ Nov 20 2015, 12:44 AM) *
OK! Does this mean the audio is not captured at all in the resulting .TS file even though it's AAC and that TVSP needs a tweak to capture with TSMux ?

Yes both the video and audio are captured by Scheduler Pro when using TS-Mux. I did a recording and then opened it in VideoReDo and clicked on select stream and it showed the video as MPEG4/AVC Video and the audio as AAC (14496-3) Audio.

+Quote Post
frednerk33
post Nov 21 2015, 08:11 AM
Post #18

Forum Regular

OK. Confirming details:

Did a scan of channel 7 Adelaide and added Racing.com.
Opened the Channel Setup Page for channel racing.com and changed the capture-type to TS-MUX
CODE
Name RACING-COM
Frequency     177500
BandWidth 7
Program ID 1368
Video ID 1409
Audio 1410 MPG
Capture Type: TS-MUX

Captured a sample and opened the .TS file in videoredo and did control-L to see its characteristics
Encoding H.264 VideoStreamID x581
Frame rate 25.00 fps
Encoding size 640 x 576
Aspect ratio 16:9
Header bit rate 10.000 Mbps
VBV buffer 152 KBytes
Profile Main/3.0
Progressive Interlaced (MBAFF)
Chroma 4:2:0
Entropy mode CABAC
Bit rate 2.147 Mbps
Audio Stream: 1 (Primary)
Codec AAC-HE Format LATM/LOAS
Channels 1.0 Language eng
PID x582 PES Stream Id xC1
Sampling rate 48000 / 24000

Notice TVSP thinks audio is MPG but VRD says it is AAC. TVSP has drop-down options listing only AC3 and MPG.
It plays OK with audio in VRD.

Also notice the funny video dimensions 640 x 576 still with aspect ratio 16:9. I wonder what the new h.264 "HD" will be unsure.gif

+Quote Post
therat
post Nov 22 2015, 01:59 PM
Post #19

Forum Regular

DNTV Scheduler Pro handles it fine, now we just need DNTV LIVE to be updated to support the H.264 video stream and the AAC Audio stream.

+Quote Post
Guest_Chris Jones_*
post Nov 26 2015, 11:35 AM
Post #20

Guests

I can add that this also affects the Tiny Twin V3, and both RACING.COM and the new 9HD Melbourne result in the message "Failed to create Tuner 1 Video Decoder!" in DNTV Live. I'm hoping there will be a fix for this soon, however considering it hasn't been updated for a couple of years despite being buggy since Windows 8, and it appears the drivers are no longer being maintained (not to mention the state of this forum), I fear it has been abandoned...

Chris

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th June 2019 - 04:53 AM