Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ScanChannelsBDA 2, New and improved
Guest_Ollie_*
post May 22 2007, 10:26 PM
Post #221

Guests

hi
I hope someone can help,
I trying to create, a tool to scan all the frequencies to download the information i need for tune requests for all the channels available.
I have been looking to use IGuideData and i am currently trying to get the enumIconnectpoints, which is returning null.
I was going to work thru the enumerator and for each one called iconnectpoint.advise to see if there is guide data available for me to access.
I have the graph rendered and i have submit a valid tune request for a channel.

Do i need to have a valid tune request of will a blank one do?
I am right to be looking for the enum to use that to get the Frequency, programID, StreamID, or is there another way of getting to the information?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_void0_*
post Mar 3 2008, 07:36 PM
Post #222

Guests

I need to modify ScanChannelsBDA for using DVB-C card.
What are the basic steps towards that direction?

+Quote Post
bear
post Mar 3 2008, 08:14 PM
Post #223

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 808
Card: VisionPlus DVB-t

Maybe replace all DVBT bda interface references with DVBC interface calls.

+Quote Post
Guest_void0_*
post Mar 3 2008, 11:55 PM
Post #224

Guests

QUOTE (bear @ Mar 3 2008, 09:14 PM) *
Maybe replace all DVBT bda interface references with DVBC interface calls.

I just started to dig up the problem, but can you specify, what interfaces have to be replaced?

+Quote Post
bear
post Mar 4 2008, 06:06 AM
Post #225

Forum Regular

I don't have access to cable TV or a DVBC card so I can't help much except to suggest to look at changing the following interferaces/references:-

DVB_Terrestrial=>DVB_Cable
CLSID_DVBTuningSpace=>CLSID_DigitalCableTuningSpace
IDVBTuningSpace2=>IDigitalCableTuningSpace
IDVBTLocator=>IDigitalCableLocator
IDVBTuneRequest=>IDigitalCableTuneRequest

+Quote Post
nate
post May 31 2010, 05:49 PM
Post #226

DigitalWatch Developer
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 169
Card: DNTV Quad

New Version: ScanChannelsBDA-2.0.0.8

Changes:
  • Updated card detection to detect more cards.
  • Fixed an exception when exiting the program.
  • Visual Studio 2005 project files.

--------------------

+Quote Post
gabs
post Jul 10 2010, 07:28 PM
Post #227

Be nice to me, I am new.

Group: New Members
Member No.: 12,315
Card: None

QUOTE (nate @ May 31 2010, 05:49 PM) *
New Version: ScanChannelsBDA-2.0.0.8

Changes:
  • Updated card detection to detect more cards.
  • Fixed an exception when exiting the program.
  • Visual Studio 2005 project files.

Hi Nate,

Thanks for the updated version. I have actually been using ScanChannelsBDA_UK, but I don't know where I downloaded it from. It has been giving me good results, I think, all channels with a strength of -16 dB (I believe) and quality of 100%. But when I've tried your ScanChannelsBDA with my HVR2200, I get inconsistent quality for most channels, mostly 100% but sometimes 20% or 25% or 30% even...and I'm a bit confused what the differeence is betweeen these two programs?

The reason I have been looking around, is that over the last month, I have been getting random glitches in recordings of 1 or 2 seconds where it seems I'm losing signal. My 1TB HDD failed, and since then I've been using my 80 GB HDD for both OS on one partition and Recordings on another 40 GB partition in the mean time. Before this happened, all recordings were pretty much flawless, and I never got glitches more than a split second. It's really annoying me, and I'm trying to verify that it's a signal problem, not a problem with my HVR2200...if you have any ideas, that'd be great, because I'm really stuck with this one.

cheers,
gabs

+Quote Post
nate
post Jul 12 2010, 05:50 PM
Post #228

DigitalWatch Developer
Group Icon

QUOTE (gabs @ Jul 10 2010, 07:28 PM) *
...and I'm a bit confused what the differeence is betweeen these two programs?

I just had a quick search and couldn't locate the any source code for ScanChannelsBDA_UK so I have no way to know what it does differently. If the person who created it did the right thing then the code should be available somewhere because it's based on the GPL license. If you happen to find it let me know.

As far as the quality values you are getting, the values displayed by ScanChannelsBDA are taken straight from the drivers of the tv tuner device so if you're getting 20, 30 or whatever then that probably what it is. That doesn't mean it's necesarily the cause of your glitches though. I guess one way to test would be to watch live tv using a tv application that doesn't use the hard drive for timeshifting. That'll take the hard drive out of the equation, so if you still get glitches, then it's the tuner.

--------------------

+Quote Post
CharlesC
post Jul 12 2010, 08:07 PM
Post #229

Forum Regular

Member No.: 3,148

QUOTE (nate @ Jul 12 2010, 05:50 PM) *
I guess one way to test would be to watch live tv using a tv application that doesn't use the hard drive for timeshifting.

Gabs, DV Scheduler would be a good app to try that with.

+Quote Post
gabs
post Jul 13 2010, 01:17 PM
Post #230

Be nice to me, I am new.

Member No.: 12,315

Thanks guys. I have a feeling that I originally downloaded from the Hauppauge UK forum, I stumbled across this location whilst searching: http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=18418

I don't think this is the one I have, as I have option 2. Australia as well...

I will try ScanChannelsBDA again and also DV Scheduler and see what results I get.

+Quote Post
GmanUk
post Aug 13 2010, 08:54 AM
Post #231

Be nice to me, I am new.

Member No.: 13,668

QUOTE (nate @ Jul 12 2010, 08:50 AM) *
I just had a quick search and couldn't locate the any source code for ScanChannelsBDA_UK so I have no way to know what it does differently. If the person who created it did the right thing then the code should be available somewhere because it's based on the GPL license. If you happen to find it let me know.

As far as the quality values you are getting, the values displayed by ScanChannelsBDA are taken straight from the drivers of the tv tuner device so if you're getting 20, 30 or whatever then that probably what it is. That doesn't mean it's necesarily the cause of your glitches though. I guess one way to test would be to watch live tv using a tv application that doesn't use the hard drive for timeshifting. That'll take the hard drive out of the equation, so if you still get glitches, then it's the tuner.

Nate
Hi
Ditto, I am in the UK & trying to get ScanchannelsBDA command line remotly invoked to do a preset UK scan, & dump it's file
I have been using Scanchannelsbda_uk.exe with a VERY crass workaround.
So, I could really do with the source as well, so that I can hopefully bypass the opening menu, or write some command line switches for automation.
The file is currently hosted on the Hauppauge site!!!!!
http://www.wintvcd.co.uk/tools/ScanChannelsBDA_UK.exe
The file clearly states in it's "version" tab "Derived from Nate's ScanChannelsBDA"
It also states in "Company name" "Quantex Zone", which is where I understand that it originated.
Quantex Zone are still online at http://www.quantexzone.com/index.htm & their site says
18/03/2010
ScanChannelsBDA-UK and the Hauppauge WinTV FAQ are no longer available from this site. If you require assistance with your Hauppauge WinTV product, I suggest that you contact Hauppauge technical support or visit their support forum. (http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/board/)

So, in short, still no source code.
If you manage to get source from hauppauge or Quantex Zone, give me a shout please.

Or if you do have any great ideas to achieve what I need, I would be very grateful.
I wonder if you would be able to open THE exe file in your solution compiler? if so, surely the source code would magically become available. (Seeing as it's your GPL)
Then, hopefully, just a neat little bypass of the menu or command switch entries would nail it.

Thanks Nate wink.gif

+Quote Post
rvs75
post Jan 13 2011, 02:03 AM
Post #232

Be nice to me, I am new.

Member No.: 14,012

Hi Nate

I see you have the scbda_uk source code on your server, but when i try to download tortoise, I have a 401 error. How I can get the source code ?

Thanks.

+Quote Post
nate
post Jan 13 2011, 08:09 PM
Post #233

DigitalWatch Developer
Group Icon

Not sure why you're having permission problems. It is set to be publicly readable just like the trunk branch, and I just tested from a browser and tortoise and it loaded it fine.

http://nate.deepcreek.org.au/svn/ScanChann...ChannelsBDA-UK/

--------------------

+Quote Post
rvs75
post Jan 13 2011, 10:10 PM
Post #234

Be nice to me, I am new.

Member No.: 14,012

from browser :
via Google or your site -> ok
direct link -> 401

TortoiseSVN : 401

+Quote Post
nate
post Jan 16 2011, 03:14 PM
Post #235

DigitalWatch Developer
Group Icon

Do you get a login prompt with TortoiseSVN? If so, try logging in with user:guest pass:guest

--------------------

+Quote Post
ner0
post Jul 26 2011, 09:48 PM
Post #236

Be nice to me, I am new.

Member No.: 14,416

Hello everyone,

I'm starting up on the whole DVB-T subject and was looking into necessary material to start-up receiver and signal detection and analysis.
I came across this little nifty open-source software, ScanChannelsBDA, of course. Is there some hardware compatibility list for ScanChannelsBDA?
I also found another tool, but this one is commercial and seems also good. The commercial tool I'm referring is called DigiMax DVB-T Meter & Scanner, but the site owner has very few details about it and by the looks of some screenshots it seems like a clone of ScanChannelsBDA (maybe compiled from it's source code) but with some additional functions. I was wondering if the developer of ScanChannelsBDA is aware of this spin-off commercial software and if it may be violation any GNU terms. I compared some screenshots between the two softwares and they look a lot alike, here are some screens (thanks for the feedback):

Thanks for the feedback.

+Quote Post
bear
post Jul 27 2011, 02:08 PM
Post #237

Forum Regular

I would be surprised if he would answer any questions from australian customers.

+Quote Post
nate
post Jul 27 2011, 02:08 PM
Post #238

DigitalWatch Developer
Group Icon

Hi ner0. Welcome.

QUOTE (ner0 @ Jul 26 2011, 09:48 PM) *
Is there some hardware compatibility list for ScanChannelsBDA?
ScanChannelsBDA is designed to work with all BDA compatible DVB-T tuners. BDA is used by Windows Media Center, so any tuner claiming WMC support should work with ScanChannelsBDA.

QUOTE (ner0 @ Jul 26 2011, 09:48 PM) *
I was wondering if the developer of ScanChannelsBDA is aware of this spin-off commercial software and if it may be violation any GNU terms.
Nice find. No I was not aware of the DigiMax software. Looking at the screenshots of the console app it's difficult to tell if they used my source code or not, but I notice that the screenshot of the log file does contain lines beginning with # which are the same as produced by ScanChannelsBDA. While this is not proof I think it's an unlikely coincidence.

nate

--------------------

+Quote Post
frednerk33
post Feb 6 2016, 10:10 PM
Post #239

Forum Regular

Member No.: 4,667
Card: DNTV TinyTwin USB

Hello.
This software is referenced in the DigitanNow software download page http://www.digitalnow.com.au/downloads.html but is not longer available (site not known).
It's also referenced in this thread with the same result.
Is the latest version available form the developer (source and binary ?)
Thanks.

+Quote Post
bear
post Feb 7 2016, 08:57 AM
Post #240

Forum Regular

Nate is the software developer, suspect that his server is down, hence no working link.

You could send him a PM to ask for the latest version. The only copy I have is of the previous version 2.0.0.7.

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st March 2019 - 09:22 AM