> Changes by SBS and ABC ?, poor recordings
vur
post Mar 25 2018, 01:57 PM
Post #1

Participant

Group: New Members
Member No.: 14,444
Card: Leadtek DTV1000T

On my PC I have 2 Realtek and one AverTV Twinstar tuner. I use DVScheduler V 6 for recordings and edit out adverts or cut off the before and after buffers with VideoReDo V 5.

I have used this setup for years with very few problems BUT

in the last 3 weeks some recordings are full of audio and/or video errors (as revealed by VRD) and the output files are sometimes shortened to a fraction of the input and useless or unwatchable.

SBS is particularly bad, ABC mostly OK and 7,9 & 10 ok and virtually error free.

As far as I know I have made no recent changes to my setup and reception on our regular TV and via a set-top-box (to a projector) is fine so I think the antenna setup is OK.

The tuner driver versions have not changed.

Have SBS & ABC made recent changes making my computer tuners imperfectly compatible?

--------------------
Tuners: Leadtek DTV1000T, Leadtek DTV1000S, Nebula USB, Avermedia Twinstar A825 (dual tuner) USB.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DrP
post Mar 25 2018, 10:37 PM
Post #2

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 57
Card: DNTV tinyUSB

I'm not aware of any countrywide transmission changes by them. There has been a change in the satellite distribution of both into regional Australia - Optus has changed the transponder from DVB-S to DVB-S2X - but that won't make any difference to the terrestrial transmission.

Do the signal stats reported by your TV and STB differ significantly between SBS/ABC and the commercial broadcasters?

--------------------
Looking for an alternative to TV Scheduler Pro? Take a look at dvscheduler for Windows or tvheadend for linux.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th November 2018 - 11:08 PM