IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> myHTPC TV/EPG PLUGIN (Webscheduler, DigitalWatch)
nate
post Feb 6 2004, 01:45 PM
Post #41

DigitalWatch Developer
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 169
Card: DNTV Quad

Is there any way to remove the Live TV button? I'd rather have it on the main menu, but if its coded into the plugin then maybe it can't be removed.

AFAIK you can't move the Live TV button, but you can easily create a button in the main menu that launches DigitalWatch.

Just create a new Programs entry, set it to "Launch a file or Executable", set the "Executable or file" to the DigitalWatch exe and the "Starting directory" to the DigitalWatch directory and you should be right.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
daniel
post Feb 6 2004, 01:50 PM
Post #42

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 180
Card: VisionPlus DVB-t

Fixed the same problem for me. It's a bit cryptic considering the actuall filenname contains a "_" not a ".".
you can call the file whatever you like as long as it ends with the .wsc extension. but myHTPC must have (as u guys have found out)"myHTPC.vpTVPlugin" as the plugin id. this is what identifies the script when u register it and is found at the start of the script.
CODE
<registration

description="vpTVPlugin"

progid="myHTPC.vpTVPlugin"

version="1.00"

classid="{AC7BF013-AE0F-4CAD-803E-322B39C7C01F}"

>

</registration>
i just used the default plugin as an example and named this one similarly. i will modify the instructions so that they just say to name the file vpTVPlugin.wsc and hopefully no one else will get caught out smile.gif .

+Quote Post
daniel
post Feb 6 2004, 02:00 PM
Post #43

Forum Regular

Is there any way to remove the Live TV button?
what nate said. its part of the tv module so i dont think it can be changed. as nate said u can just add another button to the first menu to start DW

And what do you guys do with TVHarvest? Just use the task scheduler to run it every few days?
thats the idea. i tried it last night but it didnt work for some reason. will have to try again but im sure thats what the author said to do.

Also is there anyway to add a function that will add +5 to a sheduled recording like in WebScheduler? Or maybe some way to edit it manually through the plugin?
in the myHTPC configure program there is a use JIT recording option and a box for seconds. i havnt tried that but give it a ago. be sure to use increments of 60secs because webscheduler uses minutes. if that doesnt work i can add a setting to the plugin that will do it.

+Quote Post
Guest_brent_*
post Feb 6 2004, 02:16 PM
Post #44

Guests

Yeah I have a button on the main menu that starts DW, but I guess I'll remove it and just have it on the TV menu. Having two would really annoy me.

The JIT in myHTPC will only add to the start. I'd want to add a few minutes to both side just to be safe, exactly like WebScheduler.

+Quote Post
daniel
post Feb 6 2004, 02:45 PM
Post #45

Forum Regular

The JIT in myHTPC will only add to the start. I'd want to add a few minutes to both side just to be safe, exactly like WebScheduler.
i will add it as an option in the plugin.

+Quote Post
darro
post Feb 6 2004, 04:22 PM
Post #46

Forum Regular

Group: FAQ Maintainer
Member No.: 168

- may need to add some code to handle program names with funny characters. eg "Darma & Greg" became Darma.mpg in webscheduler. it did correctly schedule which is the main thing i just need to find out if there are any other characters which will cause problems

Daniel,

Been thinking about this issue, and of course you cannot send some characters in a url as they mean things. the & in your example means a parameter in the url. Similarly you cannot have a space in a URL.

I have written this code in VBscript, but you should get the idea for what I am getting at.

The function below returns

"This%20is%20a%20URL%20converted%20String%20%26%20%26%20"

I think this should get around the issue. You may need to put in extra code to make sure invalid characters in a file name are converted or skipped. In particular I am thinking of ""

Let me know how you go, If you need me to convert it to jscript drop me a note.

Cheers
Darren

CODE
Wscript.echo ConvertStrtoURL("This is a URL converted String & & ")

Function ConvertStrtoURL(byVal URL)

Dim sURLStr

For Counter = 1 to Len(URL)

' If the Dec of this Char is < 48 "0" or > 122 "z"

If (Asc(mid(URL,Counter,1)) < 48) or (Asc(mid(URL,Counter,1)) > 122)  Then

' Convert the char to a hex string that can be used in a URL eg %20 for space

sUrlStr = sUrlStr & "%" & hex(asc(mid(URL,Counter,1)))

Else

' Else add the char as is.

sUrlStr = sUrlStr & mid(URL,Counter,1)

End if

Next

ConvertStrtoURL = sURLStr

End Function

+Quote Post
Ambro
post Feb 6 2004, 10:20 PM
Post #47

Forum Regular

Member No.: 424

Truely another worthy developement - nice one 8)

If anyone is wanting that little extra for myHTPC and their VP card then this bit of script is very good. Since playing around with it a bit I reckon it should be submitted to the myHTPC forum for those users to try also. As yet I haven't tested all the features but I'm watching tv through DW and recoding with webscheduler through the myHTPC software. this is a good thing. Another big bonus for the VPcard user & Twinhan. Free software coming from this website has been more useful than the 'commercial' applications, for me, to date, good stuff tongue.gif

--------------------
Don't argue with a fool. The spectators can't tell the difference.

+Quote Post
Major_Mess
post Feb 7 2004, 12:33 AM
Post #48

Participant

Member No.: 419

Daniel, thanks for your effort. It all looks and works great. Even the other half was impressed, and that's probably only happened once before with anything to do with computers. smile.gif

Would it be easy to pull the scheduled program data from Webscheduler in to myHTPC so they are in sync? The reason being, that if you are using Webscheduler in the standard manner, it's possible things could get stuffed up by adding via myHTPC EPG.

I have also been using Rob's xlmtv Webcheduler page and got around the name issue by doubling up the channels with both names.

+Quote Post
Guest_Gear_*
post Feb 7 2004, 09:40 AM
Post #49

Guests

Just a question, but why use webscheduler? myHTPC has a scheduler build in, could we use this to tell digitalwatch to start recording?

Jeff

+Quote Post
darro
post Feb 7 2004, 09:46 AM
Post #50

Forum Regular

Gear,

At this point in time you cannot "tell" digitalwatch to record a given channel. If nate adds command line (or ini) file support then we probably could do this.

But WebScheduler does a good job anyway.

Cheers
Darren

+Quote Post
darro
post Feb 7 2004, 10:28 AM
Post #51

Forum Regular

Daniel,

I just scheduled rage for tonight, and the schedule came out as sat 31/1/2004. I think there may be a bug in the code.

I think the line
CODE
xmlhttp.Open("GET",   "http://" + wsLocalHost + ":" + wsPort + "/?action=2&id=&type=0&channel=" + channel + "&duration=" +

dur + "&name=" + programTitle + "&day=" + start.getDay() + "&month=" + (start.getMonth()-1) + "&year=" + start.getYear() +

"&hour=" + start.getHours() + "&min=" + start.getMinutes(), false);

Should read
CODE
xmlhttp.Open("GET",   "http://" + wsLocalHost + ":" + wsPort + "/?action=2&id=&type=0&channel=" + channel + "&duration=" +

dur + "&name=" + programTitle + "&day=" + start.getDate() + "&month=" + (start.getMonth()-1) + "&year=" + start.getYear() +

"&hour=" + start.getHours() + "&min=" + start.getMinutes(), false);

That is start.getday, should be start.getdate, as getday returns a number for the day of the week (0-6). getDate returns the day of the month (0-30).

Can you check this for me.

Cheers
Darren

+Quote Post
Major_Mess
post Feb 7 2004, 12:47 PM
Post #52

Participant

Just a question, but why use webscheduler?  myHTPC has a scheduler build in, could we use this to tell digitalwatch to start recording?

Jeff

So you can schedule a recording from anywhere in the world. smile.gif

Plus it has some intelligence that might be a bit hard to emulate in myHTPC EPG.

+Quote Post
BigH
post Feb 7 2004, 01:04 PM
Post #53

Forum Regular

Member No.: 51

So you can schedule a recording from anywhere in the world. smile.gif

I still haven't figured out how to do this; like to explain MM? Maybe as a new topic.

+Quote Post
Guest_brent_*
post Feb 7 2004, 01:22 PM
Post #54

Guests

BigH, it's just a matter of connecting to the server computer, Just like you do through the browser. Do you have a broadband connection? Are you using a router?

+Quote Post
Major_Mess
post Feb 7 2004, 01:43 PM
Post #55

Participant

BigH, as above. If you have a router look at port forwarding. Or start a new thread with your question as the subject, and state what your network configuration is.

+Quote Post
daniel
post Feb 7 2004, 01:46 PM
Post #56

Forum Regular

thanks for the string to url code darro but i think the xmlhttp code must already do this because "spaces" and certain other characters in program names from the epg already make it through to webescheduler. eg "Harry's Practice".
CODE
 xmlhttp = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP");

xmlhttp.Open

xmlhttp.send();

You may need to put in extra code to make sure invalid characters in a file name are converted or skipped.  In particular I am thinking of ""
i did some testing with programs that had special characters in the epg and got the following results:
these characters work ) ( - , ' . space
these characters cause a schedule Not to be created / ? :
& does as noted with darma & greg
i think i will do some code that accepts all letters/numbers/spaces and the above characters and turns everything else into a space. eg "D2: The Mighty Ducks" would become "D2 The Mighty Ducks". the only other thing i can think of that might need handling is if the program name starts with a fullstop, or similar character that a file name cant start with, and the user has turned off the auto name thing in webscheduler. in which case if webscheduler doesnt handle it i will.
------------------------------------------------
Ambro and Major_Mess im glad u like it. im pretty happy with how its turned out.
Would it be easy to pull the scheduled program data from Webscheduler in to myHTPC so they are in sync? The reason being, that if you are using Webscheduler in the standard manner, it's possible things could get stuffed up by adding via myHTPC EPG.
it wouldnt be easy and im not sure if its even possible. Program name and times would have to be exactly the same for myHTPC to know what tv program webscheduler was talking about and then theres the problem of sharing the data. i would like to be able to do something like that. i need to investigate a little further and give it some more thought. as it is, if u click record in myHTPC it will say that its being recorded even if webscheduler doesnt get the message. so it would be good if it can confirm that the scheduling has definately been placed.
That is start.getday, should be start.getdate, as getday returns a number for the day of the week (0-6). getDate returns the day of the month (0-30).
good find darro. i dont know if i would have spotted it going through my own code smile.gif. i guess the bug didnt show up in testing because the start of this month and the days of the week lined up for the first six days. i hope to do another update of the script sometime this weekend but until then anyone wanting to use the script for recording b4 the next update should change it from start.getDay() to start.getDate() as per darro's example. be sure to test it by opening up webscheduler to see your recording schedule.
Just a question, but why use webscheduler? myHTPC has a scheduler build in, could we use this to tell digitalwatch to start recording?
for the reasons darro and mess have given and because i know webscheduler works. its one of the best apps made for the vp card that everyone has been able to use with the least amount of trouble. as far as myHTPC having a scheduler built in, if your talking about the Recording Schedule thats part of the Tv/EPG module then AFAIK it is just a list of whats scheduled to record. It doesn't actually have a timer that runs and starts a capture program like webscheduler does. if u know it does or are talking about another scheduler in myHTPC please let me know. rather than DW i would probably use the command line capture tool that i think comes with webscheduler.

+Quote Post
Guest_Gear_*
post Feb 7 2004, 04:57 PM
Post #57

Guests

for the reasons darro and mess have given and because i know webscheduler works. its one of the best apps made for the vp card that everyone has been able to use with the least amount of trouble. as far as myHTPC having a scheduler built in, if your talking about the Recording Schedule thats part of the Tv/EPG module then AFAIK it is just a list of whats scheduled to record. It doesn't actually have a timer that runs and starts a capture program like webscheduler does. if u know it does or are talking about another scheduler in myHTPC please let me know. rather than DW i would probably use the command line capture tool that i think comes with webscheduler.

I'm trying to find out more info, but my understanding is that the "JIT" feature is for this. If myHTPC is running and you have a recording set it will start your recording for you.

+Quote Post
BigH
post Feb 7 2004, 06:42 PM
Post #58

Forum Regular

Member No.: 51

BigH, it's just a matter of connecting to the server computer, Just like you do through the browser. Do you have a broadband connection? Are you using a router?

I don't have either, still on the old dial-up sad.gif but I will start a new thread called
World Access to Web Scheduler, What you need to start & how to do it.

+Quote Post
darro
post Feb 8 2004, 09:10 AM
Post #59

Forum Regular

Gear,
I'm trying to find out more info, but my understanding is that the "JIT" feature is for this.  If myHTPC is running and you have a recording set it will start your recording for you.
The JIT scheduler within myHTPC will, in that case, maintain the list of recordings and will invoke the EPG plug-in only when a recording is due to start. The call to the EPG plug-in is the same as before, the only thing that changes is the timing of the call.

For example, say that it is now 5:30 and you decide to record a show that begins at 6:00. Without the JIT recorder, myHTPC would call the EPG plug-in’s “Record” method right now: at 5:30. If you use the JIT recorder, myHTPC would hold the recording in the schedule and call the plug-in at, or shortly before, 6:00. Of course, this requires that myHTPC stay running (we will address this in a later release).

This does not change the fact that there is no way of telling DigitalWatch to start recording. It does not matter if you want to record in 5 hours or 5 seconds time, DW at the moment does not have a method to instruct it to start recording. Well not a documented one anyway !

This may be a feature that nate adds in some future release. I personally hope nate concentrates on the time-shifting as it is the real killer feature that is missing from the DVB promise.

Cheers
Darren

+Quote Post
Major_Mess
post Feb 8 2004, 12:03 PM
Post #60

Participant

This may be a feature that nate adds in some future release.  I personally hope nate concentrates on the time-shifting as it is the real killer feature that is missing from the DVB promise.

Timeshifting does work in VisionDTV.

I agree that if Digitalwatch had timeshifting it would be pretty much complete.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st November 2019 - 02:03 PM