Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Simple DTV Recorder - New release 6/3/04
Guest_Cropsy_*
post Mar 10 2004, 06:03 PM
Post #41

Guests

I have tried different settings with file splitting size like 100, 500 etc. But it seems the program just ignore it and keep recording no matter what my setting is.

peterho33
Thanks for the info. I'll see if I can find out which function call fails under 98 and replace it with one that works.

Mark
Versions of SDTVR from 0.95 onwards require the 2.6 SDK. If that doesn't fix the problem let me know.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_Mark_*
post Mar 13 2004, 06:26 AM
Post #42

Guests

QUOTE ("Cropsy")
<b>Mark</b>
Versions of SDTVR from 0.95 onwards require the 2.6 SDK. If that doesn't fix the problem let me know.

Thanks Cropsy, i tried to d/l the 2.6 but could only see v2.5 (specficially WinDTV2.5_SDK_03) of the SDK on the twinhan wesite. Do you know where I can get it?

+Quote Post
Guest_Cropsy_*
post Mar 14 2004, 09:41 PM
Post #43

Guests

Thanks Cropsy, i tried to d/l the 2.6 but could only see v2.5 (specficially WinDTV2.5_SDK_03) of the SDK on the twinhan wesite. Do you know where I can get it?

Mark unfortunately I don't know where you can download the 2.6SDK. I downloaded beta 2 of the SDK from Renura's site but that download is no longer valid. There are apparently beta versions up to release 5 but they haven't been publicly released yet.

I was under the impression the 2.6SDK was publicly available but that doesn't seem to be the case at the moment.

You might have some luck with Nates codec pack which contains has the needed files from the SDK. However I don't know which version of the SDK they are from.

http://home.bigblue.net.au/mulin77/DigitalWatch/#CP1

Sorry this hasn't been overly helpful. sad.gif

+Quote Post
gaspo100
post Mar 20 2004, 05:20 PM
Post #44

Participant

Group: Members
Member No.: 360
Card: VisionPlus DVB-t

After using SDTVR for a while I have the following suggestions (or feature request):

Add the following to the Settings screen:
1. Start with windows check box
2. Capture folder edit control so that this can be used when auto creating file name (currently is using current working dir)
3. Auto name template edit control to specify my own file name pattern that is inserted when auto creating the file name

Add %T (or whatever) to the format codes that will be replaced with the schedule item's title.

As there's already support for processing the links from YourTV guide it would be nice to take it one step further and add context menu (ie. Add to Simple DTV Recorder) to browsers (IE, Opera, Mozzila, Firefox) that would pass the program's link automatically to SDTVR.

+Quote Post
Guest_DigitalOz_*
post Apr 1 2004, 05:57 PM
Post #45

Guests

First of all Cropsy. Thanks for what looks like a very promising app. But my problem is this. I'm assuming with version 1.1 your application will only run properly if using the 2.6SDK. Which seems to be a bit like the Phantom at the minute as no one can find it. I'm using Nates codec pack but having no luck. I continually keep getting pixelation which is a pain in the ass. When using VisionDTV I don't have this problem. But I hate the 4gig file limit. And by what I read it's looks like a newer version may be sometime off. With NTFS having been around for so long and most using XP now I'm surprised Twinhan released there latest version with this bug. I call it a bug because it should no longer be in any video editing or capturing software. So untill they (Twinhan) pull there finger out it looks like I'm stuck with it.

+Quote Post
btidey
post Apr 4 2004, 12:53 AM
Post #46

Forum Regular

Member No.: 694

I'm trying to use this software for my Vision Plus here in the UK with the Freeview service. THe overall functionality looks perfect for what I want with an unlimited schedule and the repeat facilities.

I constructed a Channels.txt for Freeview and noted a couple of things.

a) I'm not getting the app to Lock when it tries to record. Are there any other settings I need to adjust to make this work in the UK or is it tied to just Australian set ups?

cool.gif The number of Freeview channels available is about 54. If I enter more than 50 in Channels.txt then the SDTVR seems to crash on start up. Not a huge problem as there are certainly a few I would never need to access.

c) Quite a few of the channels are digital radio with a video ID of 0. If I select one of these then the app objects. Does this mean it can only record full TV channels and can't be used for pure audio recording?

+Quote Post
Guest_NeddieSeagoon_*
post Apr 11 2004, 07:10 AM
Post #47

Guests

Something weird just happened - I launched VisionDTV to record a show, not realizing that SDTVR was running and had already started recording it. VisionDTV popped up an error message saying "Unable to connect" or something, so I shut it down and let SDTV finish recording the show.

After the recording had finished, I went to watch it and discovered that the video stream had switched to a different channel at the point where I had tried to launch VisionDTV! So now I have a file that starts off as 720576 SD, and suddenly switches to 19201088 HD on a different channel!

So perhaps SDTVR needs something to stop other programs hijacking the recording?

+Quote Post
Guest_Valen_*
post Apr 12 2004, 11:32 AM
Post #48

Guests

dont know if it works yet but i *think* the 2.6 sdk may be availablle here

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=cache:k_...&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

direct link
http://www.cintv.net/ruanjian/WinDTV%20SDK%202.6HD.rar

keep in mind this is untested

also just found
http://www.it0101.com/jszc.files/WinDTV%20...DK%202.6%20.rar

k well that was all cool
installed the 2.6 SDK
installed the software
hit run and it all "just worked"

only one problem is i am running the card on a p4 1.4Ghz so it'll play normal digital just fine (getting into using digital watch, some spiffy software there) but HD is too much cpu load and it just runs like crap but no matter the TV itself is just a standard tv so theres no gain from running HD. Thing i'd like to do however is be able to reccord shows in HD and watch them from my desktop (Dual Xeon 3.06 with gigabyte 9600pro) the program reccords the HD stream fine with a cpu load on the 1.4 of roughly bugger all (great!) but when i go to play that file on my desktop i get video frezes and blocks every second or so. Cpu use is ~7% of one CPU.

thaughts?

+Quote Post
Guest_Meddler_*
post May 9 2004, 06:23 AM
Post #49

Guests

I'm having a bit of trouble with this. I installed the 2.6 SDK from the above mentioned site, and version 1.1 of STVR. I also made my own channel list, since I don't get Australian TV here in Sweden. :-)
So far so good, but when I try recording it fails to lock on any channels. I tried the Sample program that comes with SDK 2.6, and it could lock the channels perfectly. This makes me suspect that since SDTVR doesn't ask for a bandwidth parameter, this is hardcoded in the program. And since you Australians all seem to use 7 MHz, and we here in Sweden use 8 MHz, that this is the reason it can't lock. Could this be correct?

/Meddler

+Quote Post
Guest_ZeB_*
post May 9 2004, 06:36 AM
Post #50

Guests

Same problem here problem here smile.gif, probably hard coded to 7 MHz?

+Quote Post
Guest_dwkitchen_*
post May 9 2004, 10:28 PM
Post #51

Guests

I get the same problem with locking on to channels to, also in the UK.

+Quote Post
Guest_Cropsy_*
post May 10 2004, 10:12 PM
Post #52

Guests

Sorry guys I've been very slack in monitoring this thread. The next few replies will be me playing catchup.

After using SDTVR for a while I have the following suggestions (or feature request):

I don't see the need for this when the user can simply add a shortcut to SDTVR in the startup folder instead.

2. Capture folder edit control so that this can be used when auto creating file name (currently is using current working dir)

Actually it automatically uses the previous capture directory. I'm happy with the way this works so it's unlikely to change.
3. Auto name template edit control to specify my own file name pattern that is inserted when auto creating the file name

Add %T (or whatever) to the format codes that will be replaced with the  schedule item's title.

I'll add these to a future version.

As there's already support for processing the links from YourTV guide it would be nice to take it one step further and add context menu (ie. Add to Simple DTV Recorder) to browsers (IE, Opera, Mozzila, Firefox) that would pass the program's link automatically to SDTVR.

That would require per browser code (I think) which I'm not keen to do (laziness and all smile.gif ). I'll consider it for a future version though.

+Quote Post
Guest_Cropsy_*
post May 10 2004, 10:26 PM
Post #53

Guests

For everyone outside Australia...

SDTVR is currently hardcoded to use 7mhz bandwith and a maximum of 50 channels. That seemed like a more reasonable idea when the card was only available in Australia, now it seems fairly stupid smile.gif

If anyone is interested I'll compile a test version suitable for use in the UK/Europe (ie 8mhz bandwith and a higher channel limit). PM me with your email address if you're interested in trying it out. If all goes well I'd add an option to set the bandwith in the next release.

NeddieSeagoon
Re: Perhaps SDTVR needs something to stop other programs hijacking the recording?

Theres not really much I can do about it, the SDK doesn't offer any way to check if the drivers in use so it's pretty much impossible for applications to avoid stepping on each others toes.

Valen
All of the SDK based apps have problems recording HD. Unless Twinhan updates the SDK nothing can be done about it.

If I've failed to reply to anything please post again.

+Quote Post
gaspo100
post May 11 2004, 01:03 AM
Post #54

Participant

I don't see the need for this when the user can simply add a shortcut to SDTVR in the startup folder instead.

I have tried including SDTVR into Startup folder, but I think I had a problem starting it minimised - couldn't get it to minimise into the system tray.

+Quote Post
Guest_vietsoldier_*
post May 11 2004, 02:36 PM
Post #55

Guests

The problem i find with automatic startup by placing it in the startup directory is that it complains about SDTVR being shutdown incorrectly or another instance of the program already running.

This occurs because if the program is sitting on the system tray, who would be bothered to close it before turning offrestarting your computer (you certainly don't turn off ICQ or MSN if its running in the system tray). Maybe a future release will ignore prompting the user of this problem, before actually starting, given the scenario above.

+Quote Post
gaspo100
post May 11 2004, 09:38 PM
Post #56

Participant

The problem i find with automatic startup by placing it in the startup directory is that it complains about SDTVR being shutdown incorrectly or another instance of the program already running.

Yes, I have that too, I forgot about it. Its been a while since I last run SDTV - I use WS now.

+Quote Post
Guest_Cropsy_*
post May 11 2004, 09:44 PM
Post #57

Guests

Test versions with 8mhz support have been sent out to everyone who PM'd me an email address.

Gaspo
I'll look into getting adding proper support for starting minimised in a later version.

vietsoldier
I was running SDTVR on a machine that was never rebooted when I wrote the "incorrect shutdown" warning code. In that situation I mainly had problems with starting multiple instances and not noticing. For regular use I can see how the current system is a problem. I'll definitely sort it out for the next release.

+Quote Post
Guest_vietsoldier_*
post May 11 2004, 11:18 PM
Post #58

Guests

Just a word of thanks. CROPSY YOU ARE A LEGEND MATE. You tireless help us out and never complain.

I love your program, i tried Webscheduler only a few days ago. I got it working 100%, but just wasn't satisfied cause the damn thing was just too slow. Whenever you click on anything it just took too long to respond (too many clicks required to schedule also), and the XMLTV thing man does that take a huge chunk of my download cap (i only got 300mb optus) and hell is it slow to download even when i'm not capped.

Your program is simple, does the job well, easy to use and rarely any bugs. All do is circle my TV guide each week and make sure that the schedules on SDTVR are uptodate. It takes me about 5 mins to do this as compared to doing it on WS which takes about 20 mins including the time it takes to DL the XMLTV stuff.

+Quote Post
Guest_ZeB_*
post May 11 2004, 11:28 PM
Post #59

Guests

I've just tested the 8MHz version. When Simple DTV Recorder tries to lock a channel the popup saying "Channel Lock FAILED" shows and the "Record" button stays at "Wait" (seems to work like the "Record" button though).

If there is more info I can give you, just shout!

Thanks for your effort biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_ZeB_*
post May 18 2004, 12:37 AM
Post #60

Guests

hmmm....

Is it only me who tested the 8MHz version??

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th November 2019 - 01:33 AM