> Remote control DV Scheduler
spotty
post Jan 23 2009, 08:51 PM
Post #1

Participant

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,317
Card: None

Im guessing that DV Scheduler can be remote controlled by sending keyboard presses.
I have found the list of keyboard shortcuts for the TV section but are there any for the Main Page?
Also is it possible to make the font much bigger for use on a TV?
Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ozNick
post Jan 23 2009, 09:01 PM
Post #2

Forum Regular

Group: New Members
Member No.: 6,512

QUOTE (spotty @ Jan 23 2009, 09:51 PM) *
Im guessing that DV Scheduler can be remote controlled by sending keyboard presses.
I have found the list of keyboard shortcuts for the TV section but are there any for the Main Page?
Also is it possible to make the font much bigger for use on a TV?
Thanks

Have you tried the Keyboard Interface available under System? It is meant to replace the main page.

Cheers Nick

+Quote Post
spotty
post Jan 24 2009, 08:36 AM
Post #3

Participant

QUOTE (ozNick @ Jan 23 2009, 09:01 PM) *
Have you tried the Keyboard Interface available under System? It is meant to replace the main page.

Cheers Nick

It seems to be the keyboard interface from the original webscheduler - theres no channel surf option.

+Quote Post
ozNick
post Jan 24 2009, 11:17 AM
Post #4

Forum Regular

QUOTE (spotty @ Jan 24 2009, 09:36 AM) *
It seems to be the keyboard interface from the original webscheduler - theres no channel surf option.

Yes that is correct (only bug fixes have been applied in there).

Could you explain what you would like to see incorporated into DVS?
(eg Do you just want keyboard shortcuts on Surf? Do you want Surf incorporated into the Keyboard interface?)

Cheers Nick

+Quote Post
spotty
post Jan 24 2009, 01:30 PM
Post #5

Participant

QUOTE (ozNick @ Jan 24 2009, 11:17 AM) *
Yes that is correct (only bug fixes have been applied in there).

Could you explain what you would like to see incorporated into DVS?
(eg Do you just want keyboard shortcuts on Surf? Do you want Surf incorporated into the Keyboard interface?)

Cheers Nick

Hi Nick,

Im really wanting to use DVS as the TV/video section of a HTPC. I've looked at soooo many pieces of software and want to use DVS because it seems to work so well, does what I want (Im a long term webshceduler user).
But I need a few (small?) extra features.

The two things are-

1) Interface to remote control
I see the surf page has some keystroke control (which is easy to remote control) for specific items (play, stop etc) but for others, like selecting the channel or program from a list, having a cursor controlled by the up/down/left/right arrows and enter key would work well with a remote control (as well as the keyboard).

2) The main screen and the channel surf screen need to use larger text
I like the info that is presented on these screens, but for viewing from a distance it really needs larger text.

I believe the keyboard interface of WS was a way of addressing these issues, and it did that well (although not too pretty).

All in all I would prefer a modification of the current 'main' and 'surf' pages to be readable at a distance and the have a cursor controllable by keyboard arrows to navigate with.

Please do let me know if this is already available - I have had a hard time getting definite info about this program - are there docs anywhere I have missed?

Thanks

John

+Quote Post
ozNick
post Jan 26 2009, 08:33 PM
Post #6

Forum Regular

QUOTE (spotty @ Jan 24 2009, 02:30 PM) *
Hi Nick,

Im really wanting to use DVS as the TV/video section of a HTPC. I've looked at soooo many pieces of software and want to use DVS because it seems to work so well, does what I want (Im a long term webshceduler user).
But I need a few (small?) extra features.

The two things are-

1) Interface to remote control
I see the surf page has some keystroke control (which is easy to remote control) for specific items (play, stop etc) but for others, like selecting the channel or program from a list, having a cursor controlled by the up/down/left/right arrows and enter key would work well with a remote control (as well as the keyboard).

2) The main screen and the channel surf screen need to use larger text
I like the info that is presented on these screens, but for viewing from a distance it really needs larger text.

I believe the keyboard interface of WS was a way of addressing these issues, and it did that well (although not too pretty).

All in all I would prefer a modification of the current 'main' and 'surf' pages to be readable at a distance and the have a cursor controllable by keyboard arrows to navigate with.

Please do let me know if this is already available - I have had a hard time getting definite info about this program - are there docs anywhere I have missed?

Thanks

John

Response from efax - author of DV Scheduler (post WS 4.0.14)

QUOTE (efax)
1. At the moment the easiest way to select channel using a keyboard would be to type in the channel number then press Enter (all can be put into remote control); I have a sample girder command in "util\Remote Control.GML". Otherwise one can also use a program like girder (version 3.29 available from the web is free) to move the cursor using a keyboard. I may look into implementing a proper keyboard navigation in the future.

2. The zoom feature in firefox works really well for the main page and surf page (I haven't checked IE7 zoom feature). With firefox 3 the icons/images also gets zoomed smile.gif Do a refresh after zooming to recreate the layout.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th July 2019 - 08:18 PM