dave_c_uk
post Oct 14 2010, 09:03 PM
Post #1

Be nice to me, I am new.

Group: New Members
Member No.: 12,271
Card: None

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to record all the programs on a particular frequency but save them as individual files. I can easily make it record the entire mux and save it as a single TS file using TS All method, but is there a way of making it split? i.e. MUX/frequency xyz contains 8 channels and I want to record them as xyz_prog1, xyz_prog2 etc...
I can do this in VLC using long winded commands and the select component (I can post the whole command line if you want) but VLC doesnt have the scheduling capabilities that DV Scheduler does.

Could anyone help me please?
Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DrP
post Oct 15 2010, 05:58 PM
Post #2

Forum Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 57
Card: DNTV tinyUSB

If I understand you, you want to automatically record every single program in a transmission, but to invididual files per program. Try creating a new match list item using the regex expression .* then create an auto add item using that match item. A quick test now shows that it does populate the recording schedule with everything in the guide.

This post has been edited by DrP: Oct 15 2010, 05:59 PM

--------------------
Looking for an alternative to TV Scheduler Pro? Take a look at dvscheduler for Windows or tvheadend for linux.

+Quote Post
dave_c_uk
post Oct 15 2010, 06:09 PM
Post #3

Be nice to me, I am new.

Hi,
Thanks for taking the time to respond. Sorry to be really annoying but I'm not that experienced with the app yet - where abouts do you set the regex expression in DV?

+Quote Post
DrP
post Oct 15 2010, 06:59 PM
Post #4

Forum Regular

In the match list, just change the entry type to regex.

--------------------
Looking for an alternative to TV Scheduler Pro? Take a look at dvscheduler for Windows or tvheadend for linux.

+Quote Post
dave_c_uk
post Oct 15 2010, 08:53 PM
Post #5

Be nice to me, I am new.

I see where you mean now. The next problem though is that there is no EPG data for the channels I want :-( Is there another way that you know of? Thanks for your help

+Quote Post
ozNick
post Oct 15 2010, 09:22 PM
Post #6

Forum Regular

Member No.: 6,512

QUOTE (dave_c_uk @ Oct 15 2010, 08:53 PM) *
I see where you mean now. The next problem though is that there is no EPG data for the channels I want :-( Is there another way that you know of? Thanks for your help

You can use "Add New" under the Schedules tab. Select your channel and the Start and Duration or Stop etc. You can then set it to repeat as often as you wish.

However getting hold of the EPG would be a cleaner solution allowing you to name and date (and even sort).

Hope that helps.

Cheers Nick

+Quote Post
DrP
post Oct 16 2010, 04:46 AM
Post #7

Forum Regular

dvbguide is a good place to start for standard transmitted guides.

A simple batch file will let it dump out the guides.

EPG Collector will also read the standard DVB guides, but it also handles several country's MHEG based guides.

This post has been edited by DrP: Oct 16 2010, 10:49 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
dave_c_uk
post Oct 18 2010, 07:00 PM
Post #8

Be nice to me, I am new.

Thanks everyone for your help. The channels are data/on demand channels hence don't have EPG data at all (rather than not being able to download them) so I've done it the way you suggested and just set multiple recordings. Because they're from the same frequency they all record without any problems.

Thanks!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2019 - 02:14 AM